New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello Everyone.. I guess I have a story to tell

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Thumbs up Hello Everyone.. I guess I have a story to tell

Hello everyone, I am not good with intros but I am definitely glad I found this site. I signed up before I even go this car a few days ago. I didn't post anything because my experience with the dealers in getting this car was pretty amazing and it had me wondering if I would ever get the keys.

This is my first ever Honda and as much as I know the positive reputation of these, the time wasn't right.. until now.

I had an 02 626 v6 automatic and it was problems from the start. I screwed up when I rushed into this deal because I needed something right away. Had I took the time to research I might have found something better (maybe an accord then).

I prefer manual transmission over automatic and when I saw this available I jumped on it. Because of my preference for manual transmission and my prior experience with the 626, it took over 3 weeks to find something.

I test drove a Camry but the price was too high for my budget.. I was a train-ride away from getting a Corolla down in West Palm until they called back and said they sold the car that morning.. every other car had too many miles for a high price. So when this car became available, I make it an obligation to drive the 50 miles to test drive it.

First they had to find it. The dealer had about 5 locations and they didn't know where it was. The car was listed at the Ford location but they said it was at their Nissan. Nissan said it was at their Used Car lot. Used car lot didn't have it and referred me back to Nissan. About 10 minutes away they finally located it and drove it to the location I was close to.

The inside was dirty the outside paint was a little dull but let me tell you, this car drove. We took it on the highway and I was hooked. When we got back I told them I was interested but because it was a Saturday, my bank was closed. Their rates was no where near what my bank offered. So I had to wait until Monday. They tried to scare me by saying the car would still be available for others to purchase but I knew that it wold be available.

Monday, I called back the dealer to get the status and to get everything started, I even waited in front the bank until they opened their doors. Based on the VIN and some other method the bank uses, it turns out the vehicle was worth about 2 - 3 grand more than they were selling it for.

The salesman calls me back to tell me that the vehicle is not in their inventory and I have to deal with another dealer. That dealer calls me and said they cannot get in contact with the Bank. The bank is waiting for a fax from the dealer. The dealer's fax machine is not working at the present time. Bank is not receiving the e-mail from the dealer. I'm still trying to find out how I am going to get there. The end of the day arrives and no sale is complete.

Tuesday, the e-mail finally comes through and we are ready to move forward. I have an upgrade to perform and that takes me the whole day. When I am finished, I go to the bank and get the draft to take to the dealer. Turns out the draft has the wrong name on the check. I'm still able to get the car but it is still not finalized.

Today, I get a call from the dealer because they cannot get the contact from the bank. Hopefully, they can resolve that issue soon.

Though the experience of getting this car was a little crazy, it is worth it.

I'm sure someone had a crazy experience like mine and I look forward to hearing about it.

I already ordered headlights, speakers and car fresheners.

I'm not much of a show off but I am very excited about this vehicle and the upgrades I can do to it. I may post pics if that is allowed.

I know I'm going to be researching this site for info on car radios and the best way to install. The factory radio looks like it shouldn't be moved.

Last edited by sprah; 04-25-2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: typing too much..
Old 04-26-2012, 09:39 PM

Hi, what a crazy story. I looked through hundreds of cars myself, at used car lots and private sales. My previous car (02 sonata, owned by my husband before me) was hit, and totaled. I only had the car for 3 months! The accident wasn't my fault, but I was heartbroken. I found my current car on craigslist. No previous history, a few things wrong, but there was something about it. I decided to take the car. I can't afford a car payment so I felt stuck. I test drove my coupe, with no rear brakes and no power stearing fluid, and it still drove awesome i've had my car for 8 months, it's almost 10 years old and it's the smoothest ride. Thank you for sharing, and I can't wait to see your pics