New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

I'm new, this is what I got...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Marffle
Unregistered
Default I'm new, this is what I got...

Hey, I'm new to this forum and just beginning to play with the idea of making some moddifications to my Honda Accord. I found this site looking for a good source of info on pretty much anything and everything concerning moddifying a honda accord. What I have is a 1996 Honda Accord EX with the "sports package" (not entirely sure what that entails). It is a v4, v-tec engine and I think a 2.2 litre, although I can't remember that part for certain at the moment. I have 16" Enki rims and just got new tires today (205/55/16 BFGoodrich). I wanted michelin tires, but these cost significantly less and I got a 60,000 warranty and traction was rated AA instead of A and Temp. was 440 instead of 400 (compared to the other michelins in stock, can't remember what kind they were now). Anyway, I don't actually have any performance upgrades yet, but I talked to a few people and have been recommended to start with a cold air intake. Now I'm in the process of finding out if that's what I should do first and what kind would be best to get (If I'm gonna do it, I might as well get the best I can afford ^_^). So hello to everyone! I hope I can learn my left from right quickly from any of you pros out there!
-Mark

Old 02-06-2006, 02:00 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: I'm new, this is what I got...

hey welcome to the site. you should definately start with an intake on your car. i personally prefer short ram and there are other people on the site that prefer cold air, either way.....you should get an intake. then, you can start with something else. like header high flow cat and cat back exhaust. or upgrade your brake to drilled rotors with high performance pads like EBC green stuff. you could also upgrade your suspension. i think in general, the most popular suspension company on this site is TEIN pronounced tain like rain. i personally recommend using this company. you could also put HID headlights on your car, like a lexus or mercedes would have. you could put a carbon fiber hood on your car, and dont listen to what anybody else says on this.....VIS is the only hood to get. you could put some nice tint on your car if it doesnt have it. 3M makes some good stuff. if you had all this **** your car would be pretty pimp, but there is so much more that you could do.

lightshow

Old 02-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Marffle
Unregistered

Wow, thanks for the advise! I know there's a lot I can do, but seeing it all laid out like that has gotten me pumped about it. Thanks again! -Mark

Old 02-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Administrator

Good Luck on whichever road you decide to go with on your modding of your ride..

Make sure that whatever you do that there is a reason for you to be doing it, this way it will keep you on line as to the path you are going to follow...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=exactly.gif]

Old 02-13-2006, 05:47 AM

hmmm... standard is still better for safety and car maintenance...
but it's still your car... so up to you man...

Old 02-13-2006, 02:30 PM

Definatly do what you want to your car and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. There are too many people on the forums that make other people decide for them and really don't research anything for themselves. Whatever modifications that you are thinking about you should research them by yourself and read up on different products. That's how you learn a lot. Asking for tips and other stuff is why we are all here! Good luck.