New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

I've decided to keep my Accord...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 09:01 AM
otto
Unregistered
Default I've decided to keep my Accord...

I was really looking to buy a 2008 Subaru STi -- I want the AWD, the two extra doors, the cargo space and the performance. But after thinking about it for some time, and talking with my wife quite a bit, I decided that I just don't want to spend the money on a new car.

I've decided to keep my 2003 V6 AT Accord coupe and enhance it. I'm getting snow tires on the stock rims today, and I'll be buying new wheels and tires for summer... I'm going to get an anti-sway bar, but I'm not sure if the 20mm off the Acura TL is "good enough" or if I should pop the extra $100 for the Progress 24mm bar (I have a similar post in the "Suspension" forum). I think 18" wheels would be great for clear-weather driving, but will they look stupid without a drop? I probably won't drop it at all...

So, I'm new to this car game. I bought this car brand new, and have always enjoyed it. It's got about 55K miles on it, and runs great everyday. I have tools, some experience, some time and some money. My current goals are quick/cheap/easy mods that will improve handling. I think the anti-sway bar, strut bar and wheels/tires will get me most of it.

Anyway, looks like a good forum. Thanks!

-- Otto

Old 01-19-2008, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: I've decided to keep my Accord...

those a good start for handling mods, but you say you dont want to drop, but putting in different springs/coil overs will help out alot with handling.

I say you consider coil overs, but thats just my opinion.

anyways, welcome to the forum