New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Just got a 2001 Accord 2-door!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 05:12 PM
AMD
Newest Of Newbies
Default Just got a 2001 Accord 2-door!

Alright guys,

I'm new here so bare with me, my mom bought me a 2001 Honda Accord LX V6 coupe (Just broke 100k miles) for 5k! She lives in another state so I haven't gotten to check it out thoroughly for myself yet. I have a few questions,

Is this a overall good first car?
Is it good on space? I'm 6'2. Will I be able to fit at least 5 people?
Is the gas mileage pretty decent?
Its came with a after-market head unit (Kenwood) I want too install some subs soon, any suggestions? (budget system)
The color of this car is BLUE super BLUE, it has stock hub caps & tires, which isn't doing it any justice look wise. What would be a good color scheme (rim wise) with the blue? What kind of tires would set it off?

Thanks guys

Last edited by AMD; 06-13-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Welcome to HAF.

Is this a overall good first car?
Response: Nice car. This generation did report more than normal automatic transmission problems. Suggest draining/replacing ATF and replace w/ Honda ATF.

Is it good on space? I'm 6'2. Will I be able to fit at least 5 people?
It should be fine for you as a driver. Five can ride but a bit tight for 3 in back, but possible for short rides.

Is the gas mileage pretty decent?
Response: It should be OK. I would expect about 22-25 mpg around town, and 25-27 mpg on long trips.

good luck

Old 06-13-2012, 09:27 PM
AMD
Newest Of Newbies

Thank you!

Old 06-13-2012, 11:18 PM
Administrator
Talking

Hi new member AMD..glad to see you joined up with us here in the HAF...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 06-14-2012, 09:39 AM

Congratulations on the car. Should be a really nice vehicle for you.

In addition to the other advice you've received, unless you receive a complete set of maintenance records, assume that nothing has been done to the car. That means, give it a complete tune-up, along with all fluid changes (transmission, coolant, etc), and have a mechanic go over it with a fine tooth comb. Anything that might fail should be identified. Anything safety-related gets fixed immediately. While this engine isn't a 'valve-wrecker' like the D-, F-, and H- series engines (if the timing belt snaps on those engines, you get a pretty interesting reaction from the top end of the motor), you do want to make sure that the timing belt and water pump have been changed recently.

Enjoy your new car!

Old 06-14-2012, 06:00 PM
AMD
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by DerekWildstar
Congratulations on the car. Should be a really nice vehicle for you.

In addition to the other advice you've received, unless you receive a complete set of maintenance records, assume that nothing has been done to the car. That means, give it a complete tune-up, along with all fluid changes (transmission, coolant, etc), and have a mechanic go over it with a fine tooth comb. Anything that might fail should be identified. Anything safety-related gets fixed immediately. While this engine isn't a 'valve-wrecker' like the D-, F-, and H- series engines (if the timing belt snaps on those engines, you get a pretty interesting reaction from the top end of the motor), you do want to make sure that the timing belt and water pump have been changed recently.

Enjoy your new car!
Okay, I'm pretty sure I'm getting it detailed at the 'Honda dealership. With that said, I'll have them take a look at everything get everything up to date! Thanks for the info!