New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Why I bought an Accord

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 11:53 AM
hawzmolly
Unregistered
Default Why I bought an Accord

[sm=imsmilin.gif] I traded in my 2004 BMW X3, 2.5i w/ Sport Package - The damn thing rode like a lumber wagon and got 17mpg. My 2006 Honda Accord EXL-V6 w/nav cost me just over $400.00 difference.

Before trading I drove absolutely everything out there in the Honda Accord size/class including the Audi A4 & A6 and BMW 3 & 5 series. My goal was a nice 65ish drivers car that was cheaper than a BMW, better gas mileage than the X3, lots of bells and whistles, fit and finish that equals my wifes Audi A6, and a car I intend to keep for at least 10 years with few reliability problems.

The fit and finish of the Accord was as good as the A4/A6 and that is really saying something. It rides better than the BMW. However, nothing handles like the BMW.

I guess what really sold me on the Accord, the first one I had ever driven, was the power, ride, handling, and fit and finish. Also it was $25,000 cheaper than the BMW 330Ci with the same equipment.

At 2000 miles my mileage is about 25 all round. The nav system is 5 times easier to use than either the BMW or Audi. The car is easy to get in and out of with my two bad knees.

At this point I am well pleased with the Accord. I'll try to write another report after about a year and 12,000 miles. I would and have recommended this car to anybody.
[sm=yikesomg.gif]

Old 12-08-2005, 02:20 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Why I bought an Accord

We thank you for your report and we also Thank You for joining us in these forums...

[sm=welcomesign.gif]

WheelBrokerAng

Old 12-12-2005, 03:30 PM
SiClone
Unregistered

Cool... Welcome...

Old 12-12-2005, 04:54 PM
Administrator

welcome to the forum!!

Old 12-13-2005, 01:48 PM
destro
Unregistered

Thanks for sharing your reason. I'm almost in the same boat as you. I drove a 98 BMW 3.28 for about 3 years and I traded it in for an Accord V6 coupe. One of the things I love best about the Accord is the room, compartments, and the extra cup holders. I mean this is not the reason for buying a car but for me it was a major factor. The BWM was definitely fun to drive because there really is no other car that handles so well IMO, but the accord felt comfortable to sit in.

Old 12-25-2005, 12:34 PM

I'm almost in the same boat with you. I'm 50 years old and enjoy relatively sporty cars (I was getting rid of an EP3 and my track car is a fairly well put together DC2 ITR).

The Accord V6-6 is just a lot of car for the money. The only thing I wish it had that it doesn't is a Honda Torsen axle. This is a clear advantage that the TL has over the Accord, but it's certainly not an advantage worth $5,000 since the Torsen can be added for just a few hundred.

I've been driving FF Hondas on the track for about six years, now, and I really do not think that a BMW is going to be inherently actually faster around a road course just because of its FR design. At least, that has been my personal experience.

ORIGINAL: hawzmolly

[sm=imsmilin.gif] I traded in my 2004 BMW X3, 2.5i w/ Sport Package - The damn thing rode like a lumber wagon and got 17mpg. My 2006 Honda Accord EXL-V6 w/nav cost me just over $400.00 difference.

Before trading I drove absolutely everything out there in the Honda Accord size/class including the Audi A4 & A6 and BMW 3 & 5 series. My goal was a nice 65ish drivers car that was cheaper than a BMW, better gas mileage than the X3, lots of bells and whistles, fit and finish that equals my wifes Audi A6, and a car I intend to keep for at least 10 years with few reliability problems.

The fit and finish of the Accord was as good as the A4/A6 and that is really saying something. It rides better than the BMW. However, nothing handles like the BMW.

I guess what really sold me on the Accord, the first one I had ever driven, was the power, ride, handling, and fit and finish. Also it was $25,000 cheaper than the BMW 330Ci with the same equipment.

At 2000 miles my mileage is about 25 all round. The nav system is 5 times easier to use than either the BMW or Audi. The car is easy to get in and out of with my two bad knees.

At this point I am well pleased with the Accord. I'll try to write another report after about a year and 12,000 miles. I would and have recommended this car to anybody.
[sm=yikesomg.gif]