New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 10:49 PM
Default Is it worth it?

So I am completely new to the world of working on cars, bear with me... I would really love to learn more about it so any help is GREATLY appreciated as well. My main focus on posting this is that I want to know if it is really worth it to make upgrades to my car. I drive an automatic 2002 Honda Accord Coupe SE 4 cyl. It's all stock except for the factory spoiler I installed to give it less of a feminine look and the Halo headlights I installed, both of which were Christmas gifts. I don't want my car to be all looks, Sure Id love to have a sweet looking ride, but I also want a car that performs well. Im curious as to whether or not it is truly worth it to invest money into engine mods and other things of that sort (like I said, Im VERY new to working on cars.) I don't want to turn out disappointed with my car by not getting the results Id like out of it and spending loads of money. A friend told me that my engine was designed for gas mileage, and not horsepower. Whether this is true or not, you tell me! It's really not a very powerful car AT ALL, If im not mistaken, I read that it has something along the lines of 175hp, my girlfriend's car has more than that which is upsetting to me.. Feedback is greatly accepted!

Attached Thumbnails Is it worth it?-car.jpg  
Old 03-20-2013, 12:34 AM
Administrator

Welcome new member..your car does look good ...but of course :0 all hondas look good to all of us members.

Think about how much money you have to waste on a car and what you want it to do for you then see if you want performance or just want to sound good and look good going down the street.
That's the 1st thing to do before you do anything..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 03-20-2013, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by ItsMeDturner24
So I am completely new to the world of working on cars, bear with me... I would really love to learn more about it so any help is GREATLY appreciated as well. My main focus on posting this is that I want to know if it is really worth it to make upgrades to my car. I drive an automatic 2002 Honda Accord Coupe SE 4 cyl. It's all stock except for the factory spoiler I installed to give it less of a feminine look and the Halo headlights I installed, both of which were Christmas gifts. I don't want my car to be all looks, Sure Id love to have a sweet looking ride, but I also want a car that performs well. Im curious as to whether or not it is truly worth it to invest money into engine mods and other things of that sort (like I said, Im VERY new to working on cars.) I don't want to turn out disappointed with my car by not getting the results Id like out of it and spending loads of money. A friend told me that my engine was designed for gas mileage, and not horsepower. Whether this is true or not, you tell me! It's really not a very powerful car AT ALL, If im not mistaken, I read that it has something along the lines of 175hp, my girlfriend's car has more than that which is upsetting to me.. Feedback is greatly accepted!

Just don't put one of those so-called fart cans on it. They don't add any HP.

My new '12 Accord coupe only has 190 HP and seems fairly quick to me. The engine is perfectly mated to the car. But then again, I have the Goat when I want to feel some real HP.

Last edited by malcumex; 03-20-2013 at 06:09 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by malcumex
Just don't put one of those so-called fart cans on it. They don't add any HP.

My new '12 Accord coupe only has 190 HP and seems fairly quick to me. The engine is perfectly mated to the car. But then again, I have the Goat when I want to feel some real HP.
Well, to start off, I was thinking a short ram intake, new exhaust, and wheels. That's all I can think of! Haha!