Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

2009 V6 Engine Upgrades & Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 04:41 AM
Default 2009 V6 Engine Upgrades & Tuning

Hello,

I am wondering if there are any tuning kits available for the 2009 V6 Honda Accord engine.

Regards,
Assadi

Old 01-14-2010, 12:04 AM
Talking

I wish, the only available things are intakes, exhausts, suspension, pulleys, and camber kits.

All of the power upgrades should add to about 25-30hp+/-. Intake is 10, exhaust 7-9, pulley is 13.

i'm sure if you payed someone enough, though, they would do an ecu remap and free up another 25-40hp.

But with fwd and no suspension upgrades, the last thing you want is more power.
Look up understeer and you'll see what I mean. Before you add more than an intake and an exhaust, get a rear sway bar from "progress." That will dial out most of the understeer so all four tires break traction at the same time rather than the fronts breaking traction about a minute before the rears. haha.

after you get the rear sway bar installed, then think about other additions.

Safe driving,
Jason

Old 01-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Supper Moderator

fyi under drive pulleys eats main journal bearings to hell. I rather keep my main bearings then free up a half hp. Also adding pulleys don’t add more power it just frees up lost power dew to stress from bigger pulley. honestly that’s the worst mod you can do to a honda. If you want to free up some lost power delete you balancing shafts, a/c and power steering. That will free up A LOT more lost power then the pulley.
Not to mention the weight reduction your doing also...roughly 150lbs w/ all.

Last edited by g22cd5; 01-19-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:30 AM
Almost A Senior Member

2009?? It's a beautiful new car, leave it alone. If you wanted a go-faster car you should of bought one from the start. Honda will laugh at you if you return it with any issues later after doing recommended upgrades here. Just my .02

Old 01-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by g22cd5
fyi under drive pulleys eats main journal bearings to hell. I rather keep my main bearings then free up a half hp. Also adding pulleys don’t add more power it just frees up lost power dew to stress from bigger pulley. honestly that’s the worst mod you can do to a honda. If you want to free up some lost power delete you balancing shafts, a/c and power steering. That will free up A LOT more lost power then the pulley.
Not to mention the weight reduction your doing also...roughly 150lbs w/ all.
Please don't bag on what I said. Obviously I have a few things to learn. I like to think I learn every day. And also, there is such a huge market for pulleys, I find it hard to imagine they are bad for any sort of bearings or bushings. If anything, the light weight should make them easier on the bearings. Of course, I could be wrong, but i've heard good things about them.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Supper Moderator

How was I bagin on you? I was just trying to save your main bearings. Breaking down a block is $$$ especially if your not the one doing it. If you want to buy one go right ahead. But I did warn you. Just b/c there a market for them doesn’t mean they are good. Let’s take the old "turbonator" of instance HUGE selling product. But a total POS didn't add power it actually restricted the air flow at higher rpms and lost power for the ppl who bought them bam like $60-70 down the tube. Let’s take Ebay headers...ahh I love to do it on this one. Ebay headers are total crap. But a HUGE HUGE selling product. Yes it might get the job done but in the mean time you have exhaust leaks fitment issues ect. Like Iv told other ppl on this forum I’m not trying to make you look bad or anything I’m just trying to help and give you correct info. Sometimes I can be pretty bold when I answer questions. I try not to leave any grey area. If you don't want to listen to me that cool it's your choice. If that's the case let me know and I will stop posting in your thread.

-Ryan