Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Car Damaged by Oil Serviceman

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 06:36 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Car Damaged by Oil Serviceman

I recently got my car's oil changed at my place of employment, and the kid who drove it out decided he wanted to do a burnout on the shop floor and when he was pulling it out of the bay, he pulled too far into the parking space and ran into the concrete storm drain. It put a 4"x5" deep scratch into my nose cover, and the manager of the automotive department said he would order touch-up paint. I dont feel comfortable with this company doing any more work to my car, and touch-up paint is going to be far from getting the problem fixed. I was wondering if any of you guys had any advice on how to proceed with this.

Old 08-17-2006, 09:16 PM
Default RE: Car Damaged by Oil Serviceman

first off once it was done I would have filed a police report.... Next thing to do is see if you can get someone to sign a letter of some sort stating what happened so you have info... then take it to 3 different auto body shops and get estimates on how much it would cost to repair it... The companies insurance should cover it as being an accident if they don't then there is a few different ways you can go about getting it fixed....

Old 08-18-2006, 05:36 AM

+++++1 and i would want a new bumper cover and have it painted and i would want that little kid that thought it would be cool and do a burnout in your car fired

Old 08-18-2006, 06:17 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

if your co workers do not respect you (and they don't) you need to find another job asap

Old 08-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Go to the store manager and express your concerns about the situation and let him know that you are going to get it fixed at a real body shop, if he says k=no to that then your recourse is to file a repot .. with the main company if there is one.

WheelBrokerAng

Old 08-18-2006, 02:23 PM

STICK IT TO THE MAN!!!

Old 08-18-2006, 04:27 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Wheelbroker - not walmart, sears... probably worse. Also I do not work there anymore as I moved on to a higher paying job elsewhere *releif sigh*, I'm going to the body shops today -- picked out the two most known expensive places to get my estimates. Probably buy a part or two for my car with the check and temp fix the damage until i get a new nose peice or something, considering this one is only 6 months old. Thanks for the reply guys

Btw - I highly recommend NEVER going to Sears Automotive for even the easiest repair or service, if I could only begin to relay you some stories I've heard from some of the people that work in there...