Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Full Coverage- Its a Good Thing

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 04:10 PM
Default Full Coverage- Its a Good Thing

5 pix to load....please wait...
Had what I previously described as a "teensy-weensy" accident. Hit a culvert on a right hand corner I thought was sharper than it was (Hey..that culvert was deteriorating into the road! It was! Crumbled asphalt about 1' into the road.) The angle popped my drivers side tire out of the rim and broke the tie rod off..which sent me into the little green on the other side of the road...JUST barely going between two trees. The passengers side swiped one of the trees and barely took off the bark and dented in my fender. Got a dent in the hood too (somehow!??maybe a tree branch?))

So...not too bad I thought. Dented fender, tie rod, hood dent, and a wheel to replace...Why bother calling the insurance company? My rate will just go up, right? And it'd be cheaper just to fix it myself in the long -run. Well a day later I had second thoughts and was like, hey for my $500 deductible I could get them to buy me some sweet new sculpted body parts. So I called them , blah blah..like 3 weeks later when they were finally done investigating it they tell me.....its TOTALED!! WHAT!?? cry cry cry..seriously people, I am the saddest girl ever! I LOVED that car! It was a little tiny hole in my firewall..... Would never have suspected..
What sucks even more is that because it was a salvage title to begin with I'm only getting trade in value..(which puts me only about $200 more than where I was when I bought it.)
Well I'll always have the memories... That beautiful car gave me a love for Accords and for that I will always be grateful...May her soul rest in peace and her pieces rest being sold to accord lovers.. Heres some pics..
Name:  fwout.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  75.9 KB
Name:  firewall.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  80.3 KB
Name:  drside.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  97.5 KB
Name:  int.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  46.6 KB
Name:  damage1.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  13.2 KB

Old 08-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Default RE: Full Coverage- Its a Good Thing

Read your story with interest, seems a bit harsh to total a car based on the damage you describe, how much were repairs, did you get quotes.
how do you replace a purple accord??

Old 08-29-2005, 04:20 PM
Administrator

was there frame damage??

Old 08-30-2005, 11:35 AM

why woudl they total that ?

Old 08-31-2005, 10:57 PM
98blkaccordex
Unregistered

I just bought full coverage for my car. I'm paying 32 bucks a month till Dec. It's AAA insurance. I used to pay 100 bucks a month for just liability. I'm only getting this price because the car is under my mom's name! She has no points on her record, and also drive a corrolla. So she gets multi-car discount, and a 20 year driving experience. I don't have points on my record either, but I only have a 5 year driving experience. I think i'm okay to drive the car, having it really be my mom's car! I have a license, but what are the risks i'm taking? If anyone else shares my situation, let me know. I figure, as long as I don't get into accident, I'll be fine.[sm=goodidea.gif]or[sm=signs006.gif]