Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Is there a such thing as some good looking hubcaps?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Default Is there a such thing as some good looking hubcaps?

Topic.

Old 05-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Is there a such thing as some good looking hubcaps?

Yes....but most aftermarket hubcaps clip on to your OEM steel rim. Frankly, I don't trust it.

Old 05-28-2007, 06:04 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Hell yeah son, get some chrome spinners at Wal Mart, like $40 for a set of four. Makes your whip look fly, yo.

No, in my opinion, there are no good looking wheel covers. In fact, if I was stuck with steelies, I would sandblast them and paint them flat black and just roll like that until I could afford new rims.

Old 05-28-2007, 06:53 PM

I agree man. Hubcaps are just ugh to me. Not all of them like some already on the car.but mainlythe chrome looking ones. They are just so ugly to me. I'd rather get it up the**BUTT** then spend 30 bucks for some chrome hubcaps....and just so you people know that was sarcasm......

Old 05-28-2007, 07:01 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Hmm. Sarcasm, sure. Nice try on the cover up... LoL Im just funnin ya.

Actually when I was first stationed in Ft Huachuca in AZ, I didnt have my Accord because it was up in Oregon, so I bought a 1990 Dodge Spirit for $800. It was ugly, really badly oxidized paint, a real fine automobile. Well I decided to make it even more ghetto, and I put some 14 inch chrome spinner wheel covers on it. It looked so ridiculous that it was almost cool. One of the spinners flew off and broke after a couple weeks, so I rolled three spinners for a few weeks, and then ended up taking them off after I lost another one lol. But it was ultra cool for a while...

And just so you know, that was sarcasm about it being cool... lol

Old 05-29-2007, 06:15 AM
Administrator

Actually, there are some good lookin hubcaps at AutoZone I saw saturday and they were only $30.00 for 4 of them...check it out!

WheelBrokerAng [sm=bling.gif]

Old 05-29-2007, 09:40 AM

That is freakin awesome Poser! haha!I laughed so hard when I read that post! That sounds exactly like one of my buddies that lives in Houston Texas.
Back to topic. I have the ugly stock wheel covers over my steel wheels as well. They look like absolute crap. The paint is peeling off half of them. All I want is some stock Honda alloywheels, but I don't care enough about appearance I guess. I would rather do some hp gaining mods first. Unless I ran across some stock alloys for a good deal.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:34 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: poser_pilot6

Hmm. Sarcasm, sure. Nice try on the cover up... LoL Im just funnin ya.

Actually when I was first stationed in Ft Huachuca in AZ, I didnt have my Accord because it was up in Oregon, so I bought a 1990 Dodge Spirit for $800. It was ugly, really badly oxidized paint, a real fine automobile. Well I decided to make it even more ghetto, and I put some 14 inch chrome spinner wheel covers on it. It looked so ridiculous that it was almost cool. One of the spinners flew off and broke after a couple weeks, so I rolled three spinners for a few weeks, and then ended up taking them off after I lost another one lol. But it was ultra cool for a while...

And just so you know, that was sarcasm about it being cool... lol
Sounds like you didnt like the Spirit very much. We have a 92 and its been the most relieable car we've ever own. The paint is oxidixizing, but the only two things we've done to it was a motor mount and tranny cooler. Oh and the OEM shocks were replaced at 150k miles. It has 162k now and still can spin the tires off the line. Its a bad A car in my opinion! But maybe you had the 4 banger... You ever hear of the R/T spirits? Those things are FAST!

Old 06-11-2007, 08:09 PM

I didnt know the rip off wheel covers (or rims) from Auto Zone were so badly ripped on. I was thinking about getting some from Auto Zone for $40, but i dont want people talking about how silly i look. Some dont look too bad, and i havent seen many on the streets.

I saw another post about painting the stock wheel covers, but it just seems harder to do than spending the $40 bucks.