Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Has anyone noticed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 01:04 PM
AznGrlAccord
Unregistered
Default Has anyone noticed?

ok I don't know much but i just want to point out one thing... I love my honda accord and the navigation system is very handy.... But surprisingly it outdates Mercedez Benz... ok here's my story...

Me and my friend were heading to the beach but we didn't know how to get there... He has the mercedez benz i don't know what model but he has the navigation system. So i suggested let's roll in the benz instead of my car.... We're in the car and i see him taking out his cd from the cd played... He only has 1 cd player and puts in the navigation CD. When i asked him what he was doing he said that he has to put in the cd for the navigation to work... So then i tried to turn on the radio and he said that turns off the navigation.... So the whole ride there i had to listen to "turn left", Turn right take this exit take that exit... blah blah blah... Very boring ride... I asked him why he didnt get the 6 cd changer and the extra navigation cd in the trunk which i have he said it doesn't come with that!!!!

So i don't know what's going on there... But is Honda's technology way better than the benz... I mean the benz is still a benz... but i rather have taken my car there it was a 1 and a half hour ride to jones beach... and we hit traffic!!!![]

Old 04-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Default RE: Has anyone noticed?

do you know what year his car is? I was always under the impression that their technology levels are fairly identical... What I don't understand is why the U.S. is so far behind on it. I was in Germany 2 years ago and riding around in a Taxi cab that had a built in navigation system right next to his gauge cluster that he could control with the ***** on it or hit a button and use the radio controls for advanced functions... just a yellow/black screen, did the trick just fine and was dead on accurate.... I guess most of their cars have it...

Old 04-28-2006, 01:44 PM

honda is the best... mercedes are for those with an inferiority complex. sorry, not to trash talk on your friend, but honestly... why pay that much more for less - to have a status symbol... [:@]

p.s. - saw two mercedes broken down on the freeway (a fairly new one stalled in the middle lane causing a major slow down) as a 1979 honda cvcc blew by...

Old 04-28-2006, 05:46 PM
AznGrlAccord
Unregistered

It was actually fairly new like 2000-2002 i forget what class it is but it was huge inside and really really nicee!!!....

Old 04-29-2006, 07:56 PM

I've never seen/used honda's navigation system.. but I really liked the BMW's Nav and the Chrysler 300s isn't too bad either.