Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Would you purchase this new car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Would you purchase this new car?

hi:

I made a deal on an '09 accord coupe, 6 cyl. 6 speed out the door for $26,525. Cheapest deal I could find on the web in all neighboring states. I only want the car in Taffeta white. The dealer which is 20 miles from me had to locate the car. she finds it and picks it up. according to mapquest its a 74 mile drive dealer to dealer. she just called me and tells me the car has 209 miles on it.

So that means the car had about 130 miles on it when she picked it up. While its a great deal (I think) those 130 "unknown" miles is bothering me. Most people I would assume test drive the 6 speed with the "lets see what this baby can do" attitude. It's so hard to find that car in white. She said she is going to investigate with the other dealer in the morning. She didn't realize the car had the 130 miles on it cause it was on the trip odometer which was on 5 miles. She was so concerned checking the car cosmetically that she never realized it. When her manager saw the mileage she immediately called and told me. At least that's the story I'm getting.

I'm going to see the car tomorrow. Any comments greatly apprciated in advance. Regards...

Old 06-04-2009, 12:18 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

My dad recently got a 08 ridgeline that was used as a demo at a golf course, and had about 80 miles on it. It was sold as "used" so he got a nice deal on it. My dad also got the car out of state from a dealer in NYC. I wouldn't call that car "new" and I sure wouldn't pay full price for it. Maybe you can use that as bargaining chip for a lower price. Even 80 miles is quite few test drives... Car was brand new inside and out though. Only problem was the windshield had been replaced, and not well. It leaked and whistled when driving, but the dealer fixed that for him the first week. Being a truck and "used" my dad got about $8k-$10k off the sticker price.

Last edited by t00fatt; 06-04-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:28 PM
Newest Of Newbies

just bought my 2009 accord v-6 up here in seattle 27,000, no nav. but everything else, really like it, it had 130 miles on it, they couln,t do any harm on these motors, mine turned 30 mpgs today on a little drive this morn, cant wait for 500 miles, then fun happens.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by bobwb
just bought my 2009 accord v-6 up here in seattle 27,000, no nav. but everything else, really like it, it had 130 miles on it, they couln,t do any harm on these motors, mine turned 30 mpgs today on a little drive this morn, cant wait for 500 miles, then fun happens.
bob congrats on your new honda. I went to the dealer today and drove the car. I bgt it up to 80mph...she is straight as an arrow, no shimmy in the steering wheel at any speed (up to 80)..no chatter in the brake pedal. I tried for 30 minutes to find a blemish, inside, outside and under car. NADA. all the vin# stickers are there. On every panel. All glass has the big "H"...she was maufactured 09/08. I was hpoing that it would have been later just so I would know she hasn't been on some lot just sitting there. But having the 130 miles meant that she was moved and driven, a good thing...car is totally awesome...picking it up Friday..regards..

Old 06-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Newest Of Newbies

sounds good, i think mine was sitting at the dealers too, i took mine home and detailed it up after they said they did, even waxed it too, looks like it should now, very happy so far.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:10 PM
Newest Of Newbies

seems like the coupes with 6 speed cars are faster then the v-6 sedand. but mine will do . needed the 4 doors.