Sights n Sounds Post your video clips here!

HID daytime running light

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 04:38 AM
Default HID daytime running light

hey sup guys, I just got a 2007 Honda EX Sedan and it got daytime running light. I wanted to install my HIDs. Does anyone know how to install it and can give me step by step instruction and PLEASE tell me....will this FRACK up my daytime running light if i install HIDs????.... Also i want to install my subs but my firewall is in the middle and instead of being on the side...i think its on the opposite side of my CD player. how can i install subs>??? why did they make 2007 model so hard to isntall stuff!!! please help!!!

Old 08-24-2007, 08:36 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: HID daytime running light

1) I see that you posted vehicle info, but you need to put it in the signature. (I'm assuming that you have an accord)
2) Your thread is about HID's, not subs. New topic=new thread
3) Explain what you are trying to do better regarding the subwoofer instal.

I'm not trying to break your ***** about this, but most members will ignore you if you don't follow the posting rules. You will get a lot of help very quickly if you do follow the rules.

For the HID's:
1) Are your daytime running lamps the high beams or low beams? (or a third lamp)
2) Are you trying to install new fixtures or HID conversions?
3) If your daytime running lamps use the low beams, are they at full power?

For the subwoofer install:
1) The firewall is the wall between your feet and the engine bay. I think you meant something else because there are no options for the location of the firewall.
2) Subwoofers usually go in the trunk, nowhere near the firewall. Please provide details on the installation that you are attempting to do.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:37 AM

thanks for the advice. Im new here this is my first post. Sorry.

My daytime running lamps are third lamp, i believe, if not its low beam. Can u elaborate on what are the differences between new fixtures or HID conversions. But i think its gonna be new fixtures. and no they are not full power. Lets just forget about the subs. Thanks.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:11 AM

Your DRLs are your high beams running at a low voltage so it produces less light. You only need HIDs in your low beams so HIDs will not affect your DRLs at all. Or you could do what I did remove the DRLs all together, there is a fuse in the interior fuse box called "Day Light" remove it and no more DRLs.

To install the HIDs your literally just putting the new bulbs into the housing and plugging the stock headlight plugs into the HID ballast. Or they may come with a relay to wire up, either way they will come with instructions and they are very simple to do. As for installing your amp and subs look around in the A/V section of the forums there are a few tutorials on how to install an amp.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:37 PM

t00fat: You know the system better than me! You have the same gen.

Nolimit: Fixtures would be if you wanted new reflectors. I have TYC projectors that take H1 bulbs and then have an HID conversion kit on top. OR ..... you can keep the stock reflectors and get the conversion kit for the stock bulb size (I think that this is what you were planning, but I might be wrong). Also, you still have to fix your signature.