Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Brakes and brake fluid

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 07:03 PM
habu
Unregistered
Default Brakes and brake fluid

Anyone have any experience with high boiling point brake fluid in their accords? I have an '03 EX-L and want some better brake fluid to reduce brake fade. Help with pad recommendations would be great, too.

Thanks!

Old 03-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Default RE: Brakes and brake fluid

Unless you're racing or using heavy braking/acceleration I doubt that the high boiling point Brake fluid is going to do anything different for you, It's not the fluid as much as other things that contribute to brake fade... Your best bet would be to get some braided steel brake lines and a better set of pads... Hawk pads are very good pads too.... just stay away from HP Plus pads unless you are seriously racing... I don't think they even fully begin to work until they are around like 300 degrees...

Old 03-28-2006, 08:53 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

brake fluid wont reduce brake fade. the fluid doesnt cause brake fade. your pads cause brake fade. more importantly is the gas that released from the pad when you brake gets in between the pad and the rotor reducing the coefficient of friction

Old 03-29-2006, 01:52 PM

Lightshow is exactly correct.... the reason I suggested brake lines as well is because they're relativly cheap and they give a more consistent pedal feel... if you're used to a cars brakes and you swap out the lines you'll notice a difference and some people contribute that squishy feel to "brake fade" (which of course it isn't but...).... So long story short, if you swap to some different pads like Hawk you'll notice a serious change in the amount of brake fade you have.... if you swap to hawk pads and braided steel lines your pedal will feel more consistent (It's like polyurethane bushings for your brakes....)... Your best setup is hawk pads, slotted rotors and braided steel lines then you're set for repeated use and mountain passes....

hope that helps!