Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Rear anti-roll/ sway bar, tie bar

Old 08-21-2007, 09:16 PM
wingdr
Unregistered
Default RE: Rear anti-roll/ sway bar, tie bar

RTexasF, looking at the 17mm rear sway bar and all the brackets for the honda , can do for under 150 bucks. The frt 21 mm can do for about $90. Did you do the frt also? or just the rear and the strut brace? Is that the combo that should work together? I am new at this but think the frt should be done the same time as the rear. With the larger in the frt. Any comments for us newbe's? Thanks in advance, Tim

Old 08-22-2007, 07:36 PM

I only did the strut tower brace and the 17mm anti sway bar. Doing the front bar also would really improve handling.....like a go cart!

Old 09-01-2007, 08:01 PM
wingdr
Unregistered

DUH, Took a good look under car and all I needed was the 17mm bar and brackets.....just ordered today..dealer gave me a 20% discount...total was $35.21!!!!
The front already has the 25.4 mm sway bar from the factory...to upgrade it, you have to drop the whole subframe, so it looks like 17mm in the rear and the Greddy strut bar up front is the best way to go. I also have the 17" wheels from the 6 cyl coming which should also help in the handling, Thanks, RTexasF for all your help, Tim
Just finished the chrome "H" emblem on the wheel center caps, that covers the black "H"...What a difference!!!! for only $20.

Old 09-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Sleeper: A rear lower tie bar will bolt onto a flat piece of chasis in the middle (left to right) of the rear. Looking from the rear bumper, you should be able to see where it mounts. Mine is much shorter (about 18 inches). The ends are not clamps. They allow size adjustment and the shape offsets the bar to avoid conflicts. I think mine is pushed up to avoid the exhaust, but I'd have to look to confirm. If I'm not too lazy, I'll take a pic or 2 of mine to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. This is a good, cheap upgrade.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:55 AM

Update on performance:

While taking highway off ramps that curve a complete 180 I have noticed a few things. Your input is appreciated.

1. The rear will and can slide out. Funny thing is the tires just slide on the pavement with little to noscreeching. Rear stays almost dead flat.

2. I feel as if the car is pushing through the front tires ( on those 180 turns). What can I do to better balance the car ?

3. Cyro Slot Rotors/ Hawk pads combo so far so good. Still in break in period. May need rears replaced.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:06 PM

Step down to the 17mm and sell the 20.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:59 AM
Question Question

Originally Posted by RTexasF
I believe you already have one, it's 14mm in size. You can upgrade to a 17 or 20mm from Acura parts. Although I upgraded mine to 17mm, for the life of me I can't remember which Acura it came from. Perhaps someone else remembers?

EDIT:
AHA! From an Acura TL 6 speed. See any Acura dealer for the items needed. The parts are a direct fit and cost less than half of the aftermarket stuff. Seems to me it was around $50 for the sway bar, bushings, and other items required. I backed mine up on ramps for easier access.....it took roughly 45 minutes from start to putting everything away. That and the Neuspeed (or Comptech) short shift kit are the best two modifications I've done for under $100 total.
Hey since the sway bar is from a TL, does that mean if I were to get one too, my accord will perform the same as a TL stock? Many people are doing this mod, but this seems like its just limiting it to a stock TL's performance. Do you think its a good idea to go a bit thicker than a TL's sway bar? Thanks!

Old 01-19-2014, 01:09 PM
Newest Of Newbies

03 Accord V6 AT: Been planning to make my car a bit more fun on Montana mountain roads. The plan is to find stiffer springs/shocks/struts and thicker sway bars. I assume the 20mm rear bar from the TL will fit my 03 as it does the OP's 06?
What is my best option for the front bar, if any? From what I've read, the TL has the same diameter = no improvement. The H&R is all of .5mm thicker. FWIW, I'm not looking for much lowering, and only a bit stiffer, as I still need to make it through the snow until I can find a cheap 4x4.