Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Suspension Disaster

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Default Suspension Disaster

So recently I just got my '95 Accord EX.. I had a problem with the car veering to the right when I leave the steering wheel idle.. So I thought maybe it needs an alignment, or some inner tie rods.. I went to the first shop and he agreed that I need some inner tie rods and also outer tie rods... Then I go to this second shop... Agreed with the Tie Rods situation.. But added this as well.

Diagnosis
I not only need inner tie rods.. But Outers, Upper ball joints, Rack&pinion Bushings, and Front struts .. .. 2 of each..
I look at the estimate and just go .. 2,000 to get all that done.. the best part about that though.. is 1,200 is on labor alone..
And I'm pretty sure the parts he was looking up on , I can probably find some online for lesser.. But if thats not a downer...

I just don't know where to begin.. Should I push for the tie rods first.. I know all these are important, but from most to least is what I'm looking at...
And the difficulty of them.. Man wish I knew more about cars..

Old 04-06-2009, 06:27 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Most shops add $ to the price of the part when they receive it from an auto parts store.

I would go to a local auto parts store and see how much the parts will cost you vs. a shop.

Then go to a shop and ask how much installation would be if you have all the parts.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:39 PM

Yeah, I got a couple people that could hook me up with the installation and everything.. *I gotta be back there too lol.. Must learn* But, I've been looking online and seen a couple inners for 35.. The Inners the shop was talking about were $110 each.. If thats not a massive addition then I don't know what is..

Would something like these suffice.. I don't want to invest in some cheap part at all.. Inner & Outer
Been looking at some on Rock Auto.. Spicer/Raybestos one.. And feel more comfortable with those.. What do ya'll think..

Old 04-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Moog is a good company, AC Delco (GM) parts are decent, Spicer isn't well known but they should suffice for some tie rods.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:11 AM
Administrator
Thumbs up

Stores like AutoZone or Napa have great parts with lifetime warrantys..stick with those two for your parts...

WheelBrokerAng