Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Accord 06 tire selection help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Ad
Unregistered
Default Accord 06 tire selection help?

can anyone please help me in selecting tires for my 06 accord lx coupe 4cyl. i have Turanza on them and almost worn out! i have to replace them ASAP! I live in MINNESOTA! snow is really bad. i was thinking to go with Turanza but after reading reviews i belive they are not good and specially in snow not at all. Please help me selecting nice and not expensive tires. at this moment i am planning to change only front tires all season!
Thanks for your Help!

Old 12-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Accord 06 tire selection help?

MINNESOTA! Yeah I bet you want some new tires after last nights dumping of snow, I know I do!

Are you looking for all-seasons or just a winter tire?

What I like to do is go to tirerack.com and enter my vehicle info and then read the consumer reviews for each of the tires.

When looking at tires I also like to sort them by the UTQC(?) rating, as this will rank them highest treadwear, traction and temperature ratings first.

Another thing you could do would be to buy 2 snow tires for the front and then buy 4 new all season tires in the spring. I'm not sure if the tire shops allow you to do this though, you may be forced to buy 4. I've seen a lot of ads around the Cities for buy 3, get 1 free deals. Good luck and drive safe on the roads!

Old 12-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Blizzacks or Altimax for snow tires. Yoko makes a great all season ..... Toyo Proxy4's too, but they're not cheap.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:04 PM

I feel your pain, I have the same problem, I need new tires, but my wife drives a Wrangler with 30" tires, so if the snow really starts coming down, I would just leave my car and not drive it. I have done a lot of research, I believe one of the best all season tires that handles snow well is the Goodyear Tripletread. Tirerack.com and Tires.com have some of the best choices. If you strickly want a snow tire for cheap, I've tried and recommend Khomo I'Zen Stud.