Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

wheel problems, need advice

Old 12-06-2006, 04:56 PM
scr1be
Unregistered
Default wheel problems, need advice

Hi everyone,

I have a 1998 accord sedan, 4 cyl.

My two front rims seem to be messed up because air keeps leaking out of the tires, but very slowly. goes from 30ish psi to 15 in about a week or two.

The tires were replaced, but it still continued to happen, thus I think it's the rims.

Regardless, I'd like to purchase new wheels.

My question is, I found 17" wheels at www.tirerack.com that were 104 dollars each. They're called the Sport Edition F2.

I don't know anything about wheels, and I was wondering if these were better in quality than my stock wheels? my current rims are a 15x6 alloy wheel, 5 spoke. (that's the most i know about it). here's link to wheel: http://shop.wheelsrims.net/images/pr.../aly63775u.jpg

I'm scared to purchase the Sport's because of its price. Does the low price mean it's going to dent and bend if I drive over a pothole? If it's better in quality (it certainly is in looks) than my stock wheels, then I will definitely purchase them.

Thanks for your help!

Old 12-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Default RE: wheel problems, need advice

i dont know anything about those rims. but im sure there better then the stock ones u have. what color rims r u looking for? if u cant find the ones u want of tirerack there is always discount tire and also ebay. i got mine off of ebay for like 600 shipped have had them for over a year and nothing has happen to them. and also wen u get rims u drive more careful cuz u dont want to hit anything. like my stock ones i didnt give a **** how i drove on them

Old 12-06-2006, 07:20 PM
scr1be
Unregistered

Well, that's why I'm asking. I don't care about the color, i just want decent looking rims, that won't break on me.

You spent 600 on your rims. The rims I'm looking at will only cost a total of 450. I'm just not sure how much I have to spend to make sure I get decent rims. I don't want to spend only a little and not have decent quality rims. Should I spend at least 600?

Can anybody recommend me rims for about 400 dollars that they KNOW is good?

I want a 5 star or 6 star pattern. Similar to racinghart C5's. I don't like tiny spokes. I like them a little thicker. I guess silver or a gray would be a nice color.

I'm open to any suggestions. If it's a rim you have on your car, i'd love to see a picture.

Old 12-06-2006, 07:45 PM

ya i understand. there are wheel packages at discount tire. wut is the max u want to spend on rims and tires?

Old 12-06-2006, 08:35 PM
scr1be
Unregistered

the tires i don't mind because my uncle can get them for me. i want to spend max 500 dollars on wheels. less would be better....

Old 12-06-2006, 09:29 PM

it will be hard to find good rims for that price but im sure u can find them somewhere

Old 12-06-2006, 10:44 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

I happen to know this cool cat, goes by the name of WheelBrokerAng, and he can probably hook you up with some rims for a very good price. I've priced some with him, and he has great prices. Unfortunately, I have to wait til tax season to get my rims lol.