Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Need Headlight Advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by 05blkaccord
so in the spyder projectors, can you use HID H1's? im making sure before i purchase them.
That I dont know.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Random Cheese
I bought a set of the Spec-d headlamps to replace damaged stock assemblies. The light out-put was nearly non-existant. However, replacing the H1 bulbs that came with the assemblies with regular Sylvania H1 bulbs made a huge improvement and going to the Silver Star series provides night-time illumination that rivals the HIDs in my truck.

Quick note, the Sylvania H1 lamp is not an HID lamp so it won't over-heat/warp/crack or otherwise mess up your headlight assembly.
I run 6000k in my lows beams. They dont seem to mind at all. No smell, no melt, no warp. Just dont use the brights! Think I will get those Sylvania's though, you make them sound nice

Last edited by Incognitjo; 11-27-2012 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Forgot the end.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:55 PM

I just bought my 2003 honda accord coupe and im trying to find the best way as well to run hid projectors with halos... Is it easier just to buy an aftermarket light or to retrofit it all?

Old 11-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Default Wish I had a Coupe...

Originally Posted by 03accordcoupe
I just bought my 2003 honda accord coupe and im trying to find the best way as well to run hid projectors with halos... Is it easier just to buy an aftermarket light or to retrofit it all?

Ok, second try at this. Closed me browser window after typing a ton.

So, HID's NEED to be in Projector lense headlights. If you put them in to standard reflector type headlights which is what is on your car now, you will blind the crap out of oncoming traffic. THey are wicked bright in reflector housings and they arent focused so it becomes a wall of painful light to the oncoming folks. If you would like I have the old set of Spec-D headlights that I took off my car when I got my replacements and I could send them to you for slightly more than shipping They are bubbled a bit on the driver side just in front of the brights bulb, the passenger side is slightly warped, barely visible at all. They use H1 Bulbs, I have the standard bulbs they came with as well. You can see pictures here:
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0Bw...pHV1dKY1U/edit

Lemme know, I dont need them and if you dont mind the bubbles you can have them for like $150 cheaper than ordering them new