Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

'01 Accord Sedan Complete Car Audio Install

Old 04-22-2008, 12:44 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: '01 Accord Sedan Complete Car Audio Install

I like the black LED one, makes mroe sense to me. Dark car, dark tint, dark lights? No all you need are some rims with a nice +45mm offset to make a mean stance.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you get all your money? I wish I could just drop cash on all that stuff, but I'm nowhere near being able to do that at 19. I just dropped $540 on a clutch and flywheel.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:58 PM

Yeah, rims will come, but not for some time. As for where the money comes from, I work and make pretty good money, but I have been buying alot of audio stuff and reselling. Sometimes I make a little profit, but others I do take a loss. I actually need to start saving though so I can get my own place. I also try to find the best deals possible so I don't have to buy as much. My install would cost alot more if I had not done everything myself, what I have done has been over a period of time. The majority has been recent though.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:33 PM

Came across an issue just now. I wanted to hide the tweeter behind the a pillar. The mounting depth of the tweeter is fine but the grill cover is curved so it extends out. I can't figure out a way to mouth the tweeter from inside either so that it stays stable. I thought about mounting to the frame, but the frame is angled and if I were to mount it so that it's not angled, it would be hitting the a pillar and sticking out.

I think what I'm going to have to do is this

Name:  hertztweeterd100.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  32.6 KB

I guess my concern is the way the tweeter is pointing.

It would be aiming down like this and I assume that would mess with imaging.

Name:  IMG_1908.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  46.5 KB

I would have to extend it out quite a bit and it would hit the pillar and would probably extend out the hole that I cut out for it. Plus once the grill cloth that goes over the entire pillar is put on, it will look as though there is a little bump, and it might be better to just top mount the tweeter over the pillar.

Here is the gap.

Name:  IMG_1915.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  42.8 KB

The pillar is slightly angled pointing down, but not nearly as much as the frame, so I think I would be fine with that. I'll see what I end up doing.