Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

03 Factory Speaker Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 10:01 PM
Default RE: 03 Factory Speaker Replacement

ORIGINAL: ay0oitzbilly

yo if you change the interior speakers you better br looking to spend close to $800 installing it yourself. thats the only way your going to get a better sound than your stock speakers.
YO------- WHAT? You MUST be kidding! Can you not hear the difference between stock and aftermarket speakers with a stock system? It is not an astounding improvement but it IS an improvement. I spent about 1/4 of the $800 you specify but the improvement is indeed audible. Is it where I'd like it to be? No, it's not but it IS indeed an improvement.

Old 06-29-2006, 05:22 PM
Default RE: 03 Factory Speaker Replacement

I'm sorry I had to register to reply to this post.

I've dealt with car audio all my life. You don't need to spend $800 to hear a difference in the stereo, in most cases, thats just wrong. You could get a cheap $100 pair and you'll hear a big difference. Not everybody's ears are the same. Some are more finely tuned then others, but it's pretty clear when a speaker starts to distort. Most decent aftermarket speakers are made to handle external amplifiers, and will easily handle the power from a stock unit.

Now as for the 6x9's you choose. Keep looking. Alpine makes good electronics but isn't there when it comes speakers. Sony makes horrible car audio. Overpriced and overrated. Keep looking.

I'll tell you what i'm going to do. I'm going to switch out the front speakers for Infinity Components, run off a kicker amplifier. And run a single 12"(probably Resonant Engineering) in a sealed box off a rockford amp. Ideally both amps would be the same, but I have a rockford laying around. This way you get a clear signal from the amp sending more power to speakers that can handle the power, with a proper crossover. The single sub will take up minimal space in the trunk and you carry things around. Of course what i want is a full system that will sound clear at high levels, but not a booming system. Your goals may be different.