Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2004 Accord LX stereo system and airbag light

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

My HU is black, and dark silver. Paypal is really the safest way for the buyer, not as safe for the seller, but in this case I'm not concerned. Recently had a guy try and scam me over craigslist for something I was selling. But that is a story for another day lol. Installing the unit is pretty easy and straight forward, if I still have the printed instructions from crutchfield I'll include them, if not I will find you a nice online tutorial. But in essence, you will remove the lower cubby, and the trim above the A/C. Take out a couple of screws and pull it out. Compared to many other OEM units it's actually pretty easy to pull out and install. You will have to enter the security code after installing it, which if you buy it I will include. I have the code on file, so if you ever lose the code you will have to contact me for either the code or my VIN if I loose the code. If the unit does not work, I will give you a full refund, and if I can I will pay for the shipping back. I'm 100% positive that it is 100% functional and will last you quite a long time. I replaced the unit 2 or 3 months after I bought my car new.

I'm also including the aux input adapter, which will allow you to hook up any source you would like. I could have sold it on ebay for more, but I held onto as I'd rather give it sell it someone who really needs it and at a good price. Below is a picture of the HU and adapter from the "for sale" thread on these forums. If you want more pictures, or have any other questions feel free to ask.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:44 PM
vassiliv
Unregistered

Sorry for not getting back to you yesterday. One of my friends told me the story how he had somewhat similar issue, which was caused by the wiring. I was trying to confirm if that could be a possibility in my case. Most likely not, I guess. Anyhow, lets do it. I can pay you via PayPal any time. Here’s my mailing address:

Vassili Voskresenski
5320 S. Mulligan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60638

Thanks.

Vassili V.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:49 PM
vassiliv
Unregistered

By the way, my unit is black/black. I think black/silver will be good enough.
My e-mail address (if you need it) is: vassiliv@gmail.com

Old 06-16-2009, 03:57 PM

Well before you do that, tell me what he told you. Maybe he knows something I don't. But since you say you can hear the static, that means the speakers are connected. Now there is a chance that one of the speakers shorted out and is causing the amp to go into protection mode. First I'm not sure if these amps have such a mode, and if they don't they would just short out and stop working. But it won't hurt to check.

If you want to check it, you would have to pull the radio out. Find a pin out diagram for the harness and locate the pins for each speaker. Then with a multitester check the continuity of each speaker. If I remember correctly they are 8ohms, but can also be 4 ohms. If one of the speaker says 0.00ohms you have a short in that speaker. If that really intimidates you, you could just try unplugging the rear speakers to see if it starts working. If there is a short, there is a 50/50 chance it's one of the rears. However I have recently heard of people complaining that the amp burnt out, so I think this is just another problem with the older units. While I would love to sell you my HU, I wouldn't want you to go buy something you don't need. So if your confident in pulling the radio, and checking the pins on the harness I would do it.

If you would rather just go ahead and buy it my paypal is t00fatt@yahoo.com. Just send $200 and I'll take care of the shipping, and you want the AUX input interface as well correct? I won't be able to ship it out until thursday, or maybe tomorrow after 5pm. I just got a take home final that is due by 5pm, and it looks like I'm going to be working on it from now until then.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:42 PM
vassiliv
Unregistered

I think you are right about the amplifier. Actually, I just spoke with my other friend and he thinks that it is most certainly the amplifier. I found some instructions how to remove the head unit here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/561772/3 . Do you think that is how you suppose to do it? I just don’t want to take the unit out, then put it back, and then take it out again to replace it – maximizes my chances to damage the trim.
I have one question though- where do you mount the aux input adapter? Otherwise, I just hope I will be able to listen to some news on my way to and from work sometime next week. You should receive the payment within the next 10 minutes.

Thank you.

Vassili V.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:19 PM

That is a good guide, if I still have them I will also include a hard copy with the radio. I recently got a new HU with it, but I may have thrown it away since I didn't need it. Thanks for the quick payment I appreciate it, I sure could use the money right now. I hear you on the trim, the only piece you can't take off with you bare hands is the A/C trim panel. I have a thin set of plastic panel puller tools, but a plastic spatula can work too. It takes a bit of force so don't be scared to break it. You may even need to use a metal one, but as long as it has a lot of surface area and your careful you won't hurt the trim. Just don't use a screw driver, that will leave a mark.

There are a few things you can do with the AUX input. The adapter itself plugs into the bottom of the HU and has a very short cable so it goes under the HU, behind the cubby storage. Then you just connect some RCA's to iy. If your going to use an MP3 player you want a RCA to 2.5mm headphone cable. You can route that cable to different places. Or you can install a 2.5mm jack, similar to the AUX jack in the newer hondas and other cars, then just plug the MP3 into the jack with a cable that has headphone jacks on both ends.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:33 PM
vassiliv
Unregistered

Thanks for the info. I don’t know if you have received my message via paypal regarding shipping address and possible tracking number. You can ship to either address though. I would appreciate a short message after you ship the unit. Thanks again.

Vassili

Old 06-16-2009, 06:41 PM

Yeah I saw that, I will be shipping UPS and will email you with the tracking # and to let you know it went out. It won't get shipped out until Thursday though, even if I make it to the UPS store after 5pm tomorrow, they won't ship it out until the next day. The address you mentioned in the note, and the one paypal says to ship too is the same, but just in case I will go by the one in your note.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:36 PM
vassiliv
Unregistered

Thank you very much.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:50 PM

No thank you, really was perfect timing I'm getting ready to start my next gas RC boat. That money just went directly to buying me another one of these bad boys. Thanks again man.