Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks for your update! Keep with the updates guys. I want to buy an accord but don't want the audio/video issues on the 2013!
Dang!

Old 01-23-2013, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by goodguy
Wow! Thanks to this forum I have not wasted $30,000 on a 2013 accord. I'm trading in my 2002 chevy blazer with $150,000 miles on it to get something smaller and more fuel efficient. After researching every possibility I landed on the accord. But a lot of the reasons I chose it was all the features that seem to be malfunctioning. Seems like Honda's lack of testing and research has lost them a customer. Have never bought Honda (Chevy, toyota, and Ford) and was gonna make a switch. Not now, not with all these issues! I'm not dropping $30k on a car that mostly works... Thanks but no thanks honda! Back to the car search for me it seems!
IF (and only IF) honda does create a fix and you all are satisfied then I will consider Honda. I will be checking back here to see how that fix works out. In the mean time... Thanks to their lack of attention to detail and rushing out a new product. Honda lost a new customer and a possible convert!
I agree with you. I wish I had known all the problems before droping $32,000. My concern now is the more I drive the car the more things I find wrong or poorly designed.
1. Hisitation when I start out into an intersection.
2. Heated seats that take 5 miles to heat up and that's on hi. Nothing on low.
3. When in defrost mode nothing comes out the top ducts and windows fog up.
4. Poor head light pattern on low beam.
With all the testing that is required before a car is released for production I feel certain Honda was aware of these problems before they went into production but with the preasure to stay competive with Toyota and Nissan they released it anyway and would deal with the customer issues later. What really makes me mad is I haven't seen anything in the news or auto publications about the problems.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jaretr1
With all due respect, and not to pile on, I think we are keeping hope alive that Honda will correct this problem. However, Honda is solely responsible for everything about that car with perhaps the exception of the tires, which are warranted by their respective manufacturers. My guess is if someone had a tire issue, they would actually go back to the dealer to get that addressed as well.

Alpine is the manufacturer for the audio and nav systems in the car. I believe Alpine has been supplying Honda with Nav systems for quite a while. My friends 2007 Pilot's NAV system was Alpine. My dad's TL NAV system is Alpine. However, in the TL, the audio system is manufactured by Panasonic (ELS Audio). The speakers in the Accord, at least with the "premium" audio system are manufactured by a company called Foster Electronics (I beleive, I may be wrong, but my research seems to point in this direction). Foster does not make direct to consumer products so no one may have heard of the brand before. However, I firmly believe the speakers are not the problem, but the electronics are. Keep in mind this is not an off the shelf unit. Its design is more than likely to a spec originated by Honda using Alpine guts. Our Imid interface, with or without NAV contains a lot of car controls.

Well the fix was supposed to happen by now, I have not heard from my dealer. I have been to busy to even worry about it quite honestly, but that does not mean I am letting it go. I have not had any of the other issues besides the unnacceptable audio quality again (that persists of course). Perhaps my car fixed its bugs itself.
I am like you, I am not letting go, but at first I was mad about the fact that Honda used cheep speakers and a poor power amp, had an archaic nav. system that they claimed was not their problem and a blutooth that locked everything up, in a premium model car. Now I just want what I have to work.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:00 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by don.crowe
I agree with you. I wish I had known all the problems before droping $32,000. My concern now is the more I drive the car the more things I find wrong or poorly designed.
4. Poor head light pattern on low beam.
With all the testing that is required before a car is released for production I feel certain Honda was aware of these problems before they went into production but with the preasure to stay competive with Toyota and Nissan they released it anyway and would deal with the customer issues later. What really makes me mad is I haven't seen anything in the news or auto publications about the problems.
This is something I've been wondering about! All the reviews out there and not one is mentioning any of these problems with the new model. Everyone is just drooling over the features and don't take the time to use them. Maybe they assume since it's Honda that they work. Man this really bummed me out yesterday. I was all set to buy my new EXL... Now I'm back looking at ever model and brand on the planet...

Old 01-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Default Suggestions, please

I've had my 4-cylinder 2013 Accord Coupe since November. I don't have the navigation system, but I have had problems with audio and now Bluetooth. I have Pandora through my Blackberry. When I first downloaded it, it worked beautifully in the car. After a couple of weeks, I needed to turn the volume on the car way up...and I still could barely hear it. My phone is synced but I don't know how to add numbers to the speed dial. I've had no problems until today with the phone connection. Today, someone called and I clicked answer...nothing there. My friend said she only heard a fuzzy sound coming through. Could not connect...tried to call my voice and couldn't hear anything. Phone disconnected. I've read all of the problems on this forum and wonder if my car needs this software you are all mentioning. Is this software yet available? Should I call my service department or the 800 number referenced in this forum? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:46 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by KimKH
I've had my 4-cylinder 2013 Accord Coupe since November. I don't have the navigation system, but I have had problems with audio and now Bluetooth. I have Pandora through my Blackberry. When I first downloaded it, it worked beautifully in the car. After a couple of weeks, I needed to turn the volume on the car way up...and I still could barely hear it. My phone is synced but I don't know how to add numbers to the speed dial. I've had no problems until today with the phone connection. Today, someone called and I clicked answer...nothing there. My friend said she only heard a fuzzy sound coming through. Could not connect...tried to call my voice and couldn't hear anything. Phone disconnected. I've read all of the problems on this forum and wonder if my car needs this software you are all mentioning. Is this software yet available? Should I call my service department or the 800 number referenced in this forum? Thanks in advance for any advice.
From what I gather the update isn't available until sometime next month. Call both the service dept and the 800 number. The 800 number will let Honda know another customer is not ok with their rushed/poor quality product...

Old 01-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Quick question to all of you 2013 owners that are having issues... So all of you have the touch screen version? EXL etc..? I was wondering if I got the Sport or the EX without the touch screen if the issues with the stereo etc are N/A...

Old 01-24-2013, 11:35 AM

<<I agree with you. I wish I had known all the problems before droping $32,000. My concern now is the more I drive the car the more things I find wrong or poorly designed.
4. Poor head light pattern on low beam. >>

Heated seats, mine seem to heat ok. Not a feature I use often in South Florida. My defroster works fine. My headlights are very on point. Seems the issues you are having are specific to your car and not design.

As I have driven the car more I have gotten used to the seats and so far dont really have an issue with them. I hit the road tomorrow for a 4 hour all highway road trip so I will have a better idea of their long term comfort and how this car really does as far as fuel economy on the highway.

What the automotive press is raving about, and what I agree with them is how this car rides and drives. I think the V6 might actually be underrated as far as power because the performance seems to be much better than it should for the rating and weight of the car. The steering is excellent. The ride and handling are spot on, and I can only imagine how nice this car must handle with the HFP suspension upgrade. In this aspect, its in a class above the rest as far as midsize cars. However, Honda did miss with the electronics features and hopefully they will sort it out.

If you think about all the "new" technology features that various manufacturers have introduced in the last few years, they have all had issues. MyFordTouch was lambasted by everyone, ChevyMylink has had issues, think back to even the first generation of BMW Idrive and how difficult it was to figure that system out and how poor it performed.

In addition to the performance of the car, I know Honda's are inexpensive and easy to maintain and are extremely durable and reliable, which is why I bought mine.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:12 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Here's my video of several issues:
1. Awful audio quality (regardless of input)
2. Backup camera guidelines missing
3. Odd audio feedback
4. Messed up balance controls

Old 02-01-2013, 09:58 PM

I have been to the dealer 3 times, for "rebooting navigation system". Finally they contacted honda tech support and promised a software update will be available to fix the navi issue that I had, by the end of February.

Here is a short video demonstrating my annoying navi issue with my brand new Honda Accord EX-L Navi.

Originally Posted by goodguy
From what I gather the update isn't available until sometime next month. Call both the service dept and the 800 number. The 800 number will let Honda know another customer is not ok with their rushed/poor quality product...

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth