Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 10:14 AM

Honda Customer Svc @HondaCustSvc

An update was indeed released. Please contact your Honda dealer to verify eligibility and to schedule an appointment. ^RR

Old 03-06-2013, 02:56 PM

My car was updated yesterday and seems to have fixed the biggest problem I was having, which was the audio system freezing randomly. As for the sound, I noticed a slight improvement but nothing special.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:05 PM

I updated mine today at the dealer, I was their first update. Aha/HondaLink now works well with my iPHone5, previously it never really worked, and the Audio seems much better to me.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:17 AM

Is there a name for this patch so that we know what to ask the dealer service manager for?

Old 03-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Default Service Bulletin 13-001

Originally Posted by russlittle
Is there a name for this patch so that we know what to ask the dealer service manager for?
Here is the basic Honda technical information about the service bulletin and how the dealer installs the update - it is called 13-001.
7 Page PDF file.

Even this Honda document is somewhat vague about EXACTLY what specific issues are fixed, but it addresses Audio, HandsFreeLink and Navigation.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:28 PM

does anybody know a voice command to stop an iPod song from playing once it has started?

Old 03-07-2013, 07:41 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default It did not work!!!

Finally got the update installed this evening! Guess what?!?!?!

IT DID NOT WORK! EVERYTHING IS STILL SCREWED UP WITH MY CAR!

The phonebook still does not download completely. The caller ID does not work. The text does not work. Voice command does not work. Now I do not even have a compass on the car.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:49 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by pwk1967
I updated mine today at the dealer, I was their first update. Aha/HondaLink now works well with my iPHone5, previously it never really worked, and the Audio seems much better to me.
Thanks for the info! Can you define what you mean by "audio seems much better to me"? I'm really curious about this. I obviously care about a number of the bugs being fixed, but the audio quality is tied for first.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by technobie
Thanks for the info! Can you define what you mean by "audio seems much better to me"? I'm really curious about this. I obviously care about a number of the bugs being fixed, but the audio quality is tied for first.

Same for me! I wonder if there are any other TSB's for our car other than audio related. I have a very early production unit (vin is less than 1000) so I wonder if any other TSB's have popped up since they started really producing these cars.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Default My issues with my new Accord

Good morning everyone!

I am new to this forum, and I am also a new 2013 Honda Accord V6 EX-L owner. I picked the vehicle up from my dealership On Monday evening (3/4/13). As of this morning, I have had three "issues" that have really confused me and annoyed me. I am hoping someone here can help with a diagnosis or problem solution. Based on what I have been reading, I think I might be on the right track. My issues are as follows:

1. The touch screen was "frozen" and none of the buttons were working. I ended up shutting the car off and turning it back on, and the problem went away.

2. Two days later, I heard a digital static noise in the background music of Pandora. I thought maybe it was only on Pandora, and changed the source to FM, AM, and XM. All of these sources also had the static sound. Again, I turned my car off and back on, and the problem went away.

3. Finally, this morning I was driving to work. My touch screen turned on with the car, and the previous radio station I was listening to when I last drove was playing. I tried changing the station with the steering wheel buttons, and those did not work. I tried changing the source with the steering wheel buttons too, and that did not work. I then tried making a phone call with the steering wheels button, and none of the phone controls worked either. To troubleshoot, I tried placing a phone call by actually using my iPhone, and when I hung up after the call, all of the previously listed problems went away. It almost seems as though I knocked a loose wire or something.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth