Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by lgk104
Hi all. I have had my 2013 4DR EX-L V6 with Navi for a few months and have the problems with a call locking up the system, they can't hear me and I can't hear them but the call is in progress. After the call is ended the system is frozen. The volume cannot be changed and the car needs to be shut off for resolution.
Yes, the stereo is very poor.
Also, I have noticed that if you are listening to music on the HDD and shut the car off, when you turn the car back on, the stereo goes to track 99999 and freezes. This is resolved by powering down the stereo and turning it on again.
Another thing, the rear camera lines do not always show up...
I call the 800 number and they said that they are aware of the problem and the "patch" should be ready in late February. Don't hold your breath. The dealer had no clue what I was talking about when I called to cancel the appointment I had made earlier in the day before I read this post.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO US!
I have also had the issues where the backup guide does not show while in reverse.

My sales guys called me this week and said a patch is six weeks away, so I guess that means mid to late February as well. He had a similar issue while delivering a car to a customer, so I'm happy that at least one Honda employee is aware of the problems!

Old 01-06-2013, 09:47 PM

Happy New Year all,
I had a funny thing happen Friday. I got a call on my cell phone from my Honda cust. survice rep. She said she wanted to keep me up to date as to when the software patch was scheduled to be available and at this time it was to be available late Jan. She then asked me if this was the best number for her to reach me because she had tried twice this week to call and after dialing she got a click and no answer. My reply was welcome to Honda blutooth, I must have been in my car. The only thing she said was "oh"

Old 01-06-2013, 09:53 PM

I wrote the above message before reading Cj's. They tell him late Feb. and me late Jan. I wonder if someone at Honda may be blowing smoke.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:06 PM

I have leather seats in mine and in Oct. I drove to Dallas, Tex. from NC (1,200 mi. 18 hrs.) streight through with no problems. I do agree that the head rest placement is a joke. My problem is with the heater in my seats. On 'hi' I have to drive 5-6 miles before I feel any heat. I have heat in my old Blazer before I get out of the drive way.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:22 PM

I called my service manager this morning (8 Jan. 2013 ) and told him Honda called and informed me that the patch would be available around the end of Jan. He said that's interesting because yesterday they told him it would be March.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:37 PM

I found a solution about that problem. When that happens instead of turning off your whole car just push the button for the power/volume button to turn off the whole audio of your car and turn it back on! Then the sound works perfectly fine!!

Old 01-11-2013, 05:30 AM
Default Another "temp" solution to lockup

I just bought a 2013 touring Accord, fully loaded. My radio volume locked up yesterday after trying to use bluetooth. Then, my bluetooth failed!

Turning the car off resolved the volume lockup, but bluetooth bombed; even turning the radio on-and-off didn't help (contrary to a previous comment).

The only solution was to delete the phone, and then re-pair. So far, so good. But we'll see! A someone mentioned, this is a new iteration of Accord; just like my 2003 Accord's radio-issues, this issue will likely take 6 months or so to be addressed. However, if it causes me major issues and Honda fails to address it , I might just unload it and get a different car!

Oh, and my sound system seems fine, but not as good as my 2003 Accord; the speakers can't quite handle the amp and sounds a bit distorted at higher volume and deep bass......but it's certainly not as bad as don and Jaeter's issues (previous users of this forum).

Old 01-12-2013, 05:14 AM

There is a Nav Routing setting that allows you to specify whether or not to route you on "unverified" roads. I think the default setting is "off" so that may help with this specific problem.

I just got an EXL with Nav and I still find the routing much less optimal than my 4 year old Tom Tom but this setting change may help.

Originally Posted by don.crowe
Hi Russlittle, Thanks for the information but I don't think my nav. problems are outdated maps. The longer I use the nav. system the better I understand the issue. The system has all the correct names on the streets and I haven' found any that it didn't recognize. The problem is that when I put an address in, the system will come up with a route that may be 2 - 3 miles out of the way and it doesn't have anything to do with the settings ( shortest vs quickest). If I over ride the system by taking a road that I know to be shorter and faster it will lable the road as unverfied and not digitized and in some cases the road may be 15 - 20 years old. The other problem is if I miss a turn, instead of telling me to make a 'u' turn it will just let me keep going and route me several miles out of the way to get me back to the turn I missed. My dash mounted nav. system cost a tenth as much and worked ten times better.
This is not a good thing for a real estate agent.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:19 AM

I've had my EXL with Navi for 3 weeks and my Nav will "lock up" and reboot almost every time I use it. I noticed that it actually locks up in the same identical place on my trip to work each day (I use the Nav to identify and route me around traffic issues).

Took it to the dealer and they are going to replace the wiring harness. I'm an IT Manager and I believe this issue is a software issue, not electrical. But we will see if the wiring harness has any impact.

Honestly they will have to fix this - talk about safety issues when your Nav reboots in the middle of routing you, time and time again!!

Old 01-12-2013, 06:19 PM
Newest Of Newbies

rengel - I made this video the other day:

I assume this is the same problem you experienced?

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth