Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 04:58 PM

Hi everyone.
New member to this, I have had my EX-L w/nav coupe since 2/25. Does anyone know..does the patch you folks are talking about have possibly been taken care of prior to my picking the car up? The dealer did indicate there was a problem, they said it was a Nav issue, and it was the reason I waited since 1/10 to get the car. The impression I got was it was resolved. But is that the issue the patch addresses?
Funny..I thought I had a freezeup last week, but haven't really had the time to really check out the systems.
Also..if anyone can help with this-I wanted to get an alarm in the car. One with a shock sensor (since I had a 2008 EX-L coupe w/ nav prior to this and suffered the loss of all 4 tires, from my driveway, argh..I learned the hard way)and a remote start. This car has a smart key, and what a pain..as the local alarm shop tells me I have to purchase a third key from the dealer to be placed in a module in the car to enable this? True? As important, are there any other options?
Thanks for any info, and while I'm here, outside of this stuff I'm happy with the car. Better ride than my '08..and it's way quieter. Which was a real issue. Not too thrilled with the audio though, the '08 definitely sounded a lot better.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:33 PM
Default Software update

Click here to access the technical information (TSB) about the update and how the dealer installs it. It doesn't really explain exactly what is fixed by the update, but it mentions Nav, Bluetooth and HondaLink. It also tells how to find if your software version is the newest one.

Sorry, I don't have any info re: Alarm systems.

Originally Posted by Imgumbo
Hi everyone.
New member to this, I have had my EX-L w/nav coupe since 2/25. Does anyone know..does the patch you folks are talking about have possibly been taken care of prior to my picking the car up? The dealer did indicate there was a problem, they said it was a Nav issue, and it was the reason I waited since 1/10 to get the car. The impression I got was it was resolved. But is that the issue the patch addresses?
Funny..I thought I had a freezeup last week, but haven't really had the time to really check out the systems.
Also..if anyone can help with this-I wanted to get an alarm in the car. One with a shock sensor (since I had a 2008 EX-L coupe w/ nav prior to this and suffered the loss of all 4 tires, from my driveway, argh..I learned the hard way)and a remote start. This car has a smart key, and what a pain..as the local alarm shop tells me I have to purchase a third key from the dealer to be placed in a module in the car to enable this? True? As important, are there any other options?
Thanks for any info, and while I'm here, outside of this stuff I'm happy with the car. Better ride than my '08..and it's way quieter. Which was a real issue. Not too thrilled with the audio though, the '08 definitely sounded a lot better.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Default Update installed, my particular Navi issue is fixed

After getting the software update installed on my EX/L w/Navi, I can confirm my particular issue with the navigation system rebooting at various specific locations on my route to and from work has been corrected. No more self-rebooting Navi! I will probably remove my youtube video since the issue has been corrected.

I was going to make a comment that the audio quality has been dramatically improved, with crisp highs, rich mid-range, and kick-*** bass. But that would just be unfair (and untrue).

Last edited by wayner; 03-13-2013 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Removed link to youtube video that is no longer needed.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by wayner
After getting the software update installed on my EX/L w/Navi, I can confirm my particular issue with the navigation system rebooting at various specific locations on my route to and from work has been corrected. No more self-rebooting Navi! I will probably remove my youtube video (click here to see it) since the issue has been corrected.

I was going to make a comment that the audio quality has been dramatically improved, with crisp highs, rich mid-range, and kick-*** bass. But that would just be unfair (and untrue).
Is there any noticable improvement in the audio?
I was just wondering since ours goes in tomorrow for the update.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by mxrider
Is there any noticable improvement in the audio?
I was just wondering since ours goes in tomorrow for the update.
My update was done last Thursday and it has made some improvement in the Audio but I am curious about something. After getting the update has anyone noticed an increase in road noise. I think I have and I wondered if they reduced the white noise level in order to improve the audio sound.
I never had a problem with the Nav. except for the unvarifed roads and nondigitized roads that created longer than necessary routes and that has not changed.
My phone has not locked up the system sence the patch and I have been able to place and receive calls but I have had an increase in a problem that I had before the patch. Sometimes when I start to make a call I get a message that no phone is connected and would I like to connect a phone. It then gives me a list of phones to connect. When I click on my name it tries to connect the phone but says it was unsuccessful. At this point two things may happen. 1. I can make the call from my cell phone and it will connect me back to the car blutooth or 2. It locks up my cell phone and I have to turn the cell phone off and then back on.
My dealer told me there were two patches before this one that did not work and I am wondering if this patch is better than the last two but still not a fix.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:39 AM

I have what is good news for me and anyone else that has determined that to get the sound we want from our sound system the speakers need to be replaced. I talked to Crutchfields yesterday and Polk and two other speaker suppliers have come out with 2 ohm mid range speakers. When I talked to them several month ago they didn't have any.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:11 PM

Just got back from the dealer after waiting 2 hours for them to do the software update. I was told that it would resolve my HDD and USB issues as well. Long story short it did not resolve anything. Cannot record to or play from HDD. Will not play a USB thumbdrive. CD's now play but take forever to load and will not read title information. Other than that the sound may have a slight improvement haven't spent enough time to find out. Not sure whether it will still have the bluetooth hang ups. Dealer is lost and all they can say is we have to call Honda.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:46 PM

My wife took ours in today for the update. I was just in it checking out the sound. As I've said, I don't have nav, so my main concern was sound quality.
The good news is it really helped the bass. Now you can actually tell it has a subwoofer.
Now the bad news, the overall sound quality is still lacking. Just what I was afraid was going to happen.
As some on here have stated, it's more than likely due to cheap speakers.
So I guess it sucks to be us!!
And I doubt Honda will do anything about that. But I will be calling them to document this ongoing issue.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by don.crowe
I have what is good news for me and anyone else that has determined that to get the sound we want from our sound system the speakers need to be replaced. I talked to Crutchfields yesterday and Polk and two other speaker suppliers have come out with 2 ohm mid range speakers. When I talked to them several month ago they didn't have any.
Thanks for that info! Good to know we have an option just in case.
But it really pisses me off that we even need to consider that for whats supposed to be premium sound system Especially considering this is a top of the line Honda Accord.

If it ends up we have to live with this, which I think will be the case, this will be our last Honda.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:24 PM

Just got my patch. Sorely disappointed. All I was really dealing with was the poor audio. I noticed a slight improvement to the bass with bass at maximum, but the subwoofer position made no difference at all whether at maximum or minimum. My service guy spoke as if there may be future patches trying to fine tune things, but unless they improve the speakers, I just don't see it. I won't leave Honda or the Accord, but never again will I get a first year reboot.

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth