Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Default Adaptive transmission

For the record they also asked how long I had driven the car after the shorted out the module to reset it. I told them about 30 miles. They laughed and said that it was not enough time for the transmission to "learn or adapt" to the driving habit of myself.
I quickly let them no that is is acting exactly as it was the entire time I've had it, over 1,200 mile...no adaption evident.
Silence from the managers...
I've heard of adaptive cruise control, but nowhere can I find any info on supposed adaptive 6speed auto transmissions....
Pbass

Old 03-24-2013, 01:40 PM

Hi all,
I hope I have good news to report. After the first patch didn't work they setup another date to try again. When I took it in the second time they told me they think the program stalled and didn't complete the down load the first try. They had problems with this second down load and what was suppose to take about an hour actually took 1 1/2 days. They did it Tues. of last week and so far no problems with blu-tooth. I have noticed twice that when I turn the car off and restarted it the next day the radio will be on a different station but if that is the only problem I will be happy. The main improvement is with my nav. system. So far it has recognized unverified roads and used them when calculating routes. It no longer takes me 3 to 5 miles out of the way and the U turn function is now there.
The first patch improved the sound some so that I now have some bass and volume and that didn't get any better the second time around but I think they are getting about all they can from the factory speakers and amp. I just hope the improvements last. One other thing, my dealer did give me a loaner car.
Good luck to everyone

Old 03-25-2013, 07:03 AM

Well at least they fixed the bluetooth issue. I think you're right about the speakers though.
But I'm still very disappointed in the sound quality, even though the patch did improve it from awful to poor.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:59 PM

So this update doesn't speed up things like scrolling through the USB music or anything does it? That more than anything is what drives me crazy...

Old 03-26-2013, 01:31 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Honda HFL 2013 accord

I recently bought coupe v6 no nav. In my 09 accord I could dial using contacts in phonebook while driving. Takes about 1 second to do, no longer then looking in a side or rear view mirror. In 2013 model I find it infuriating that some engineers + control freak lawyers decided I can't do that and have to come to a stop !! Perhaps you can do it while stopped but not in park, but probubly not since if your going to infuriate owners, why not really do it right ? Rediculous since the voice control thing has always been half azzed and more of a distraction as you repeat yourself ad nauseum try to make a call. Honda please stop deciding your buyers are idiots that cannot do with bluetooth what every other car I ever had could do. Funny it is not a "distraction" on any other car I have ever owned, including 09 accord. Rant over.

Last edited by nicoljb; 03-26-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:04 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Here is my list of issues with my car. I already saw the dealer once and was pretty much blown off and told my car has a CVT transmission and that not shifting is normal.... (it's a V6 car):

2013 Honda Accord Issues:

1) Staticnoise when you first turn on the car and stereo. It does it in all sources (FM,USB, etc) All you get is static. Turning off the radio and back on doesn'thelp, the only fix is to shut off car and restart. Happened 3 times so far. (Ihave this on video)

2) Bothscreens are black on startup of the car and nothing works on the radio. Shutthe car off and turn it back on and it's all back to normal. (I have this onvideo)

3) Noresponse to headlight switch, the main screen stays daylight bright immediatelyafter starting the car and turning on the lights. Fix: turn off the lights andback on, then it dims accordingly.

4) Whenmy wife is driving her Pilot near my car, my cell phone (which is also linkedto her car) Bluetooth connection will disconnect from your car and connect toher car.

5) IfI turn off voice feedback (talks too much) you cannot voice dial a number. The system will respond to "call Bob,mobile" and shows Bob's number, but does actually dial the number. If I turn the voice feedback back on, itworks the same way, but actually dials the number.

6) Voicefeedback "reads screens" randomly, even when the feature is turnedoff. (example, you tune to a radio station and it will say "88.1")

7) Navigationquit navigating and rebooted in the middle of a "navigation". The system stopped talking in mid-sentence,locked up (stopped moving), screen went black and system rebooted as if I hadjust started the car and it picked up where it left off, only after I missedlike 3 turns, because I could not stop and wait for it. (I have this on video)

8) Annoyinglyslow response to everything, all the time. (music selection, destinationselection, all inputs)

9) Doesnot display song times on during Music Search (I have this on video)

10) Mirror camera activates randomly withturn signal (left or right) even if disabled

11) Radio preset touch screens lightens upwhen touched, but radio does not change stations. It can only be done by the steering wheelcontrol. To fix it, turn the radio offand then back on.

12) When "scrolling" through themap with the round selector button, it stops responding. (I have this on video)

13) Afterinserting a CD into the CD player, the ICON may not show up in the list ofsources and so I cannot play the CD if I change sources after it is inserted.

14) TheHDD source is unable to record from any source. It is therefore useless.

15) Thetransmission makes a banging sound when:
a. Transitioningfrom reverse to drive
b. Downshiftingfrom overdrive
c. Transitioningfrom keeping speed to slight acceleration with one downshift, especially whengoing uphill.

16) Underfull throttle, the transmission sometimes does not shift from second to thirdgear. The RPM increases until reachingthe rev limiter in second gear (slightly beyond redline). If release the gas pedal, it shifts. If I do not, the engine will stay shut offuntil it drops about 1000-1500 RPM, then shifts and begins to accelerateagain. I noticed that it only happens inthe 2 to 3 shift, but not every time. Soat the time I need acceleration the most, the engine shuts off due to lack ofshifting and I have no option to force the shift. My only choice is to wait or let go of thegas pedal, both are counterproductive to what I need most in those times.

17) Seat memory buttons stopped working

Last edited by acrd; 03-26-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:36 AM
Default Audio Update

So I brought my 2013 Accord V6 w/o Navi in to have the update (13-001 AUDIO NAVI ODOMETER UPDATE) loaded into the car. It took just over an hour to complete.
My problems consisted of: the audio system freezing, both on the dash and steering wheel. The problem can only be fixed by turning off the car and then turning it back on, sometimes several times. This is highly unpractical when commuting or on the highway. There were also instances where the radio makes screeching or static noise on any of the sources. These are both intermittent problems and seem to happen at random.
Last, the volume was very weak. I was playing many songs at 30+ just to have some quality volume. However, the louder I make the radio the poorer the bass sounds out of the front (especially) and rear speakers, and the subwoofer is nonexistent.

The first thing I noticed after the update was an increase of the audio volume. What I was playing at 30 I can now play at 20, 25 at 15, etc etc. It also seems like there is now a slight improvement in the bass from the subwoofer. Nothing significant that I would consider "premium" audio as we were all duped into, but still an improvement from prior to update. Also, it seems that I can now get a little more bass out of the main speakers as well, I think with the audio power increase it has helped. Some songs sound phenomenal with this stock audio system, but a lot of the songs with any bass are still brutal to listen to with all of the rattling and distortion.

Overall, I am cautiously optimistic, granted I have only had the update less than a day. I will post again with an update regarding the system after I have driven the car a few days to see if the problems have ceased or are still occurring.

-Dominus
2013 EX-L V6 w/o Navi

Old 03-27-2013, 04:51 AM

Dominus, glad to hear some of your problems have been resolved.
Just a quick note, no doubt you know, that v6 Accords don't have CVT trannys...not sure what the dealer was up to there... I'm still trying to find out what the hell my "adaptive" transmission on my v6 is!?

Old 03-27-2013, 01:31 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default wow

Originally Posted by acrd
Here is my list of issues with my car. I already saw the dealer once and was pretty much blown off and told my car has a CVT transmission and that not shifting is normal.... (it's a V6 car):

2013 Honda Accord Issues:

1) Staticnoise when you first turn on the car and stereo. It does it in all sources (FM,USB, etc) All you get is static. Turning off the radio and back on doesn'thelp, the only fix is to shut off car and restart. Happened 3 times so far. (Ihave this on video)

2) Bothscreens are black on startup of the car and nothing works on the radio. Shutthe car off and turn it back on and it's all back to normal. (I have this onvideo)

3) Noresponse to headlight switch, the main screen stays daylight bright immediatelyafter starting the car and turning on the lights. Fix: turn off the lights andback on, then it dims accordingly.

4) Whenmy wife is driving her Pilot near my car, my cell phone (which is also linkedto her car) Bluetooth connection will disconnect from your car and connect toher car.

5) IfI turn off voice feedback (talks too much) you cannot voice dial a number. The system will respond to "call Bob,mobile" and shows Bob's number, but does actually dial the number. If I turn the voice feedback back on, itworks the same way, but actually dials the number.

6) Voicefeedback "reads screens" randomly, even when the feature is turnedoff. (example, you tune to a radio station and it will say "88.1")

7) Navigationquit navigating and rebooted in the middle of a "navigation". The system stopped talking in mid-sentence,locked up (stopped moving), screen went black and system rebooted as if I hadjust started the car and it picked up where it left off, only after I missedlike 3 turns, because I could not stop and wait for it. (I have this on video)

8) Annoyinglyslow response to everything, all the time. (music selection, destinationselection, all inputs)

9) Doesnot display song times on during Music Search (I have this on video)

10) Mirror camera activates randomly withturn signal (left or right) even if disabled

11) Radio preset touch screens lightens upwhen touched, but radio does not change stations. It can only be done by the steering wheelcontrol. To fix it, turn the radio offand then back on.

12) When "scrolling" through themap with the round selector button, it stops responding. (I have this on video)

13) Afterinserting a CD into the CD player, the ICON may not show up in the list ofsources and so I cannot play the CD if I change sources after it is inserted.

14) TheHDD source is unable to record from any source. It is therefore useless.

15) Thetransmission makes a banging sound when:
a. Transitioningfrom reverse to drive
b. Downshiftingfrom overdrive
c. Transitioningfrom keeping speed to slight acceleration with one downshift, especially whengoing uphill.

16) Underfull throttle, the transmission sometimes does not shift from second to thirdgear. The RPM increases until reachingthe rev limiter in second gear (slightly beyond redline). If release the gas pedal, it shifts. If I do not, the engine will stay shut offuntil it drops about 1000-1500 RPM, then shifts and begins to accelerateagain. I noticed that it only happens inthe 2 to 3 shift, but not every time. Soat the time I need acceleration the most, the engine shuts off due to lack ofshifting and I have no option to force the shift. My only choice is to wait or let go of thegas pedal, both are counterproductive to what I need most in those times.

17) Seat memory buttons stopped working
Sorry to hear of your many issues - If your in California keep track of dealer attempts to fix for lemon law purposes. I feel better about the dumbed down BT, it pales in comparison. I did find the steering wheel +/- paddles pretty useless and use of same would result in weird trans responses. Good Luck.

Last edited by nicoljb; 03-27-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:42 PM

Just to caution everyone because I don't know if there is a connection but I got my second patch last week ( the first didn't work) and everything was working much better until this last Tues. afternoon late when I was showing a house. The client left, I got in my car, pushed the button to start and nothing. Called the dealership, they sent a tow truck and I got my car back the next day. They said it was a bad battery but before calling the dealership I turned the headlights on to see if the battery was OK and the lights were bright. The service manager could be right but now I have jumper cables in the trunk.

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth