Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 05:30 PM

I had the same issue. I tried to get it addressed in the service department , but they referred me to a salesman. The salesman fixed the problem and my Galaxy works fine now.

Turn off your headset.

Old 04-27-2013, 03:34 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Since this is an established thread on nav + BT issues, I wonder if owners of 2013 accords currently using BT could list what phones/software versions they are using and what functionality they have (email/txt/reading/alerts). When I first paired my galaxy s III (jellybean 4.1.1) it would consistently ask me to verify 6 digit pin code but the appropriate display did not come up in the car to enter the digits. Nor would the four digit code box come up on the phone. After numerous tries I turned car/phone on off and finally it linked without entering anything. Clicked menu to enable txt/email and it says "android sms" as only entry so I selected it. I thought it might therefore only work with sms (which I don't have) but to my surprise it dloaded my emails and read them ! Very cool. Then I got a software "update" from at&t (4.1.2) and bye bye emails. Decided to delete and re-pair but again no dial # display to enter code. I checked the Honda site and it says no email with S III but it worked perfectly fine the first time around. I am especially interested if interested owners with galaxy s III have email/sms that works ? Also, have you had the "fix" applied and did that solve any bt issues or add any functionality like entering the 6 digit pin code ??

Old 04-28-2013, 11:40 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I have an iPhone 5...running the current software.

I am alerted of text messages and sometimes the system will read them back to me...sometimes not. Can't figure out why it sometimes works...any clues / ideas / suggestions?

Pandora works for me maybe 40% of the time. Of the other 60%...maybe 20 % of the time I can get it to work by toggling between inputs. Frustrating as all (insert your own word here)!!!!

BT streaming for music works just fine...it's a tad slow but the delay is not bad enough that I would toss my hands up and complain about it.

Scott

Old 04-28-2013, 05:57 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Not sure

but it would appear the onus is on Honda's side of the equation as the Bluetooth standards/sms-mail protocols have been out there for awhile and many of the phones on Honda site are golden oldies, at best. Perhaps not a big ticket in their budget priorities but seamless integration should be expected for all but base model cars and even those have bt more often then not these daze. I also don't know why mine worked at first and then not. One of the mysteries of life I guess. I did check that my email was being checked often enough to show new mail fairly consistently, to no avail, and perhaps the same setting for SMS might help. Just weird it dloaded and even read the dang emails at first and I did not change anything on the phone. I may try the update since I have not much to lose at this point. Good luck.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by nicoljb
Since this is an established thread on nav + BT issues, I wonder if owners of 2013 accords currently using BT could list what phones/software versions they are using and what functionality they have (email/txt/reading/alerts).
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.1 and most Bluetooth functions work (audio streaming, incoming calls, messages) BUT any functions that require access to the Contacts list do NOT work because the phonebook will not download to the car. The functions that don't work include displaying the caller's name on incoming calls, display of contact image, special ringtones, etc.

The BT worked flawlessly when I took a car for a test drive, but, when I picked up my car it did not work. Other vehicles from the dealer's lot worked fine but not mine. They upgraded the software and even replaced the Bluetooth module but nothing works. Now, they are saying that my Samsung Galaxy S3 is NOT SUPPORTED. Their web site says it is but now they are now claiming that only the SGH-i9300 model works with the car. My phone, and ALL S3's sold by ALL the major carriers in Canada have a model number of SGH-i747. So basically, Honda now says that any 2013 Accords sold in Canada will NOT work properly with the Samsung Galaxy S3! This is unacceptable... stay tuned.

When I asked why some vehicles worked and others didn't, I was told it was unpredictable and even if it did, it could stop working at any time!

Old 04-29-2013, 10:24 AM

I just got a new HTC One and I seem to have full functionality, BT, text, emails etc. Prevoiously I had an HTC Evo Shift and I could not get text or emails. Sometimes, for whatever reason, I cannot get Pandora or Aha to connect. Other times I can and it works fine. Since the update, those two sources seem to have the best sound quality, even better than CD which is strange. Maybe the software upgrade included some equalization to offset the compressed format of those sources.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:27 PM

Well, had a new problem pop up tonight. Wife and I were on our way home, turned on the right turn signal and made my turn. Blindspot camera came on and never shut off.
It stayed on all the way home until I stopped in our driveway, shut the car off and restarted it. It was pretty annoying to say the least.
Plus, it was just another reminder of the ongoing issues this car has.

Nice job Honda!!!

Old 04-30-2013, 12:47 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default mine

Originally Posted by ehhonda
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.1 and most Bluetooth functions work (audio streaming, incoming calls, messages) BUT any functions that require access to the Contacts list do NOT work because the phonebook will not download to the car. The functions that don't work include displaying the caller's name on incoming calls, display of contact image, special ringtones, etc.

The BT worked flawlessly when I took a car for a test drive, but, when I picked up my car it did not work. Other vehicles from the dealer's lot worked fine but not mine. They upgraded the software and even replaced the Bluetooth module but nothing works. Now, they are saying that my Samsung Galaxy S3 is NOT SUPPORTED. Their web site says it is but now they are now claiming that only the SGH-i9300 model works with the car. My phone, and ALL S3's sold by ALL the major carriers in Canada have a model number of SGH-i747. So basically, Honda now says that any 2013 Accords sold in Canada will NOT work properly with the Samsung Galaxy S3! This is unacceptable... stay tuned.

When I asked why some vehicles worked and others didn't, I was told it was unpredictable and even if it did, it could stop working at any time!

Only works for "unassigned" group which meant purging all the at&t #'s out of that list. Creating any other group does not work as Honda system does not see contacts.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:19 PM

I have the 2013 EX-L (4 cyl) without Nav. I've had it for 2 months now.
I have an iPhone 4 on the current sw version (6.1.3). Bluetooth seems to work fine every time I get in the car, and I haven't noticed any dropped calls or dropped connections at all. I'm kind of fearful to upgrade to the iPhone 5 now!

I have only noticed one 'electronic' issue so far.
I pretty much only listen to XM, but once in a while when I start the car, the audio source is on 'CD', and the display says, "insert disc" or something. I just have to hit 'Source' and switch back to XM. It doesn't do this every time, but once a week, I'd say.

Other than that (and I hope I didn't just jinx myself); no other issues.

Rear-View Camera works fine every time.
Side-View Camera works fine whenever I turn it on. (I disabled it from coming on automatically with my blinker).
Lane Watch worked fine, but I turned that off too - annoying to hear that beep!
FCW seems to work great. I guess I tailgate too much, so it's helping me to be a better driver! : )

Old 05-07-2013, 11:38 AM

Thinking of buying the accord sport with 6 speed manual. I did a quick search on here and I didn't see any mention of the sport model in this thread or other threads on the audio / entertainment system problems.

Does this problem only effect EX and above trim levels perhaps?

Thank you!

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth