Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Help! I can't stand the sound of my 06 EX V6!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 02:00 AM
jdinh127
Unregistered
Default Help! I can't stand the sound of my 06 EX V6!

Ok, so I traded in my big Chevy Tahoe for this Accord. Everything is nice and all, but I miss my Bose stock system in my SUV. I want to get a nice set up for my car, but I do not want anything super duper like subs or anything. I did have a nice deck and all that provided some pretty clean heavy bass. What is the best set up to duplicate the sound quality of the Bose system? Also, I would like to replace my stock radio, but I am afraid it might ruin the clean interior image. Any suggestions would be great guys! Thanks

Old 06-12-2006, 01:46 PM
04AccordCW
Unregistered
Default RE: Help! I can't stand the sound of my 06 EX V6!

My recommendation would be to get a kit that goes in the lower storage compartment and install and aftermarket radio there. Keeps the top part looking stock and still gives you the options of an aftermarket radio. For speakers look into getting some 6.5' component speakers. They will sound alot better and give you a better midbass response. If you want a little low end look into getting a 6.5 or 8' woofer for the trunk it wont take up much space and wont require much power. Also you would need an amp to power the speakers and a sub if you choose to get one(i would for sound quality). Without a sub your missing out on much of the songs beat. Even rock and country songs do have a beat within the sub range. Brands I recommend are Alpine, Pioneer, Kicker, JL audio, Eclipse.