Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

honda nav upgrade in a non-nav vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Default RE: honda nav upgrade in a non-nav vehicle

Yeah... here is the link:

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...p;postcount=86

The guy has some good info, but its missing the most important part - the procedure. He's missing how to disassemble the dash, route the wires, and mounting the unit in the trunk. Assuming you don't have a navi, you wouldn't know how to do these things without hours of research and a few honda manuals to confirm you're wiring everything correctly. I will attempt to make this install easier than ever before. At least that is my intentions here. Perhaps a PDF with pictures and part numbers, etc is in order.

If you CAN find a complete DIY install, please let me know. So far no one has put any elaborate how-to together yet. I'm sure 7th gen accord owners would appreciate one.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:18 AM

i found one but the pictures are missing and it is essential to the install though.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:50 PM

I have been meaning to add this comment, but I've just been too busy lately.

I found a very promising manufacturer who makes at least a few of the connectors for the wiring harnesses.
After nearly a month of research and completely disassembling a navigation dvd ecu, I can finally take a break from my seemingly endless search for these unknown pieces.... I have to laugh now that I have found the company though... Honda wasn't even able to tell me. I'm sure someone somewhere within the company knew all along, but the average guys at the dealers, etc didn't have a clue where to send me to start looking.... me 1 - honda 0

Old 12-20-2007, 10:13 PM

This is more of an update on my progress than anything else... I haven't really posted anything for a month or so.

Back in October, I located a manufacturer who makes *some* of the connectors used on the stock navi for 7th gen accords... and several other acura and honda models. At the time I wasn't aware the there were actually two different brand of connectors used, so I waited for a contact to confirm they didn't carry the correct connectors to fit every hole in the back of the navi. Now, some 2 months later and several failed attempts to have anyone tell me their sources, I have identified the other connectors I was previously unable to identify. Its less than a week away from Christmas, so I guess I could call this "find" an earlier present. So how does this affect you, you ask? Well, if you are interested in doing a stock navi install on your car, you'll be pleasantly surprised to find it will cost you over $10,000 at the dealer, roughly $2500 (complete kit) off eBay, and if you're lucky- $2000ish if you buy all the parts individually off eBay at smokin' prices. My intention was to document my progress as I fought my way though obtaining the correct parts so that you wouldn't have to spend nearly as much time or money as I did. My payoff? Hopefully some of you will appreciate the months of effect I've poured into this project so far, and give me credit where credit is due. I know I'm not the first one to do this, but I'll be the first one to document HOW to do this, and more importantly, how to obtain the parts at the best deals, where to obtain them, and how to put them all into your car once you have them.

So if you are thinking about doing a stock navi install, take a few minutes and read my website... soon I will have all the info you need as promised, but not before I complete the task myself - afterall, you wouldn't take my advice if all I did was talk the talk and fail to walk the walk.... right?

Happy Holidays fellow Honda Accord owners!

Old 08-24-2010, 07:12 PM

Jhowkins... well i guess its been 3 years and your website is no longer available... anyone here knows or have the info?

Old 09-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Thumbs up The real deal all-inclusive

Go check out Acurahondatech on eBay.

He is the expert on these systems installs. I know of at least two people who became frustrated trying to do it on their own.

from his ad:

The kit includes:

-Navigation LCD Screen with 6 CD changer
-Navigation computer with security code
-Navigation DVD disc.
-Plug & Play wire harness
-GPS Antenna
-Sub display with air vent panel
-The voice command option is $100 more
-The 06-07 system is $100 more
-The back up camera is $100 more for 06-07, and $200 more for 03-05 system.
-The video input is $100 more.
-The system for the single climate Accord is $200 more.

Last edited by rgbrooks; 09-19-2010 at 12:16 PM. Reason: remov e info
Old 03-21-2011, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by rgbrooks
Go check out Acurahondatech on eBay.

He is the expert on these systems installs. I know of at least two people who became frustrated trying to do it on their own.

from his ad:

The kit includes:

-Navigation LCD Screen with 6 CD changer
-Navigation computer with security code
-Navigation DVD disc.
-Plug & Play wire harness
-GPS Antenna
-Sub display with air vent panel
-The voice command option is $100 more
-The 06-07 system is $100 more
-The back up camera is $100 more for 06-07, and $200 more for 03-05 system.
-The video input is $100 more.
-The system for the single climate Accord is $200 more.

I got in contact with him by email and over the phone and since he wouldnt budge for the harness price, I bought the harness plugs from him. Now i need to make the harness with the wiring schematics he supplied me but im having a bit of a hard time understanding it and I also don't know where to get the sub display air vent. Any idea where i can buy the sub display air vent?

Old 03-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the feedback/update. This information helps us all.

"Sub Display" meaning the monitor that is high on the dash? Hondapartsdeals will sell the OEM part or give you the exact Honda model number with which you can look on ebay.

DVD based navigation has the drawback of needing new DVD's every couple of years, as roads change. The GPS is usually positioning, not maps. Can you buy updated maps? What year maps do they give you?

Old 03-22-2011, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
Thanks for the feedback/update. This information helps us all.

"Sub Display" meaning the monitor that is high on the dash? Hondapartsdeals will sell the OEM part or give you the exact Honda model number with which you can look on ebay.

DVD based navigation has the drawback of needing new DVD's every couple of years, as roads change. The GPS is usually positioning, not maps. Can you buy updated maps? What year maps do they give you?

Go to www.hondanavi.com, they are $185 for latest butr usually go on sale just about the end of the year. the updates are usually done September/ October. The cuurent one is 2011 the 2012 will come out this fall.