Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Need help with sirius install (Sportster 4)

Old 10-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Default RE: Need help with sirius install (Sportster 4)

I've got mine installed with the FM transmitter and just used the clip that goes directly onto the antenna (in my rear window) and the sound is fine, no static unless there is another radio station on that signal

Old 10-06-2007, 02:10 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

I've got mine installed with the FM transmitter and just used the clip that goes directly onto the antenna (in my rear window) and the sound is fine, no static unless there is another radio station on that signal

yea, but in AZ most of the stations are really close on the band...like 88.1..we have a station at 88.3 and it really interferes with our signal...my Infiniti was especially bad with it....and for whatever reason...every Pioneer deck I have ever had, the signal comes out lower so I had to turn up my radio to hear it better....and god forbid I decided to listen to regular radio andforget to turn it back down...ear deafening! lol! only found one good spot on the radio band which is 96.5 which works pretty good and using the aux input has really improved my sound output

Old 10-06-2007, 06:15 PM
hoorah
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: korrupt1

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty I've got mine installed with the FM transmitter and just used the clip that goes directly onto the antenna (in my rear window) and the sound is fine, no static unless there is another radio station on that signal
yea, but in AZ most of the stations are really close on the band...like 88.1..we have a station at 88.3 and it really interferes with our signal...my Infiniti was especially bad with it....and for whatever reason...every Pioneer deck I have ever had, the signal comes out lower so I had to turn up my radio to hear it better....and god forbid I decided to listen to regular radio andforget to turn it back down...ear deafening! lol! only found one good spot on the radio band which is 96.5 which works pretty good and using the aux input has really improved my sound output
If you are getting interference use this: Sirius FM Direct Adapter. Just not if you like surf regular radio with your satellite reciever on, it will produce some interference. I put this in my jeep and its a major improvement. My jeep didn't have an aux input.

Old 10-07-2007, 05:06 AM

ORIGINAL: hoorah

ORIGINAL: korrupt1

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty I've got mine installed with the FM transmitter and just used the clip that goes directly onto the antenna (in my rear window) and the sound is fine, no static unless there is another radio station on that signal
If you are getting interference use this: Sirius FM Direct Adapter. Just not if you like surf regular radio with your satellite reciever on, it will produce some interference. I put this in my jeep and its a major improvement. My jeep didn't have an aux input.

well that's cool....but I have dual aux inputs so I went straight cable from a input and got rid of all my interference....but for my GF's car that may be a viable option since she wishes to keep the factory radio in her car