Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

PLEASE HELP!!! Car won't start...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

i've seen installs where the power wiring was routed through the fuse panel - and it melted the internal bus bars - requiring replacement.

but that failure came after it was played for a while at high output. and from your pictures you ran a dedicated power wire to the battery.

the only thing you connected to the fuse box was the remote wire - and unless it was on an unfused bus tap and then the remote wire was shorted to ground - i don't see how that would destroy a fuse box assembly.

i do see the cover off in the photo - which isn't necessary - that cover should never be removed for anything other than servicing. it is possible something fell inside the fuse cover - causing a short.

sometimes paying for professional installation is cheaper than DIY when a problem occurs. sometimes failures aren't a result of the wiring, but random accidents that are part of the process.

how did you come to the determination you destroyed the fuse panel? that is a helluva lot of work to replace.