Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Poor Radio Signal Reception

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by tbirdie
So glad I found this. Did you end up with a solution for your radio?
I just bought a new Accord Coupe LX-S on 7/5/2010 and I have horrible reception issues. I listen to static all the time, and lose stations completely on occasion.

I have taken my car to 2 different dealerships nothing short of 7 times to try and get the issue resolved. One refused that they even heard static. After spinning my wheels at the second, the manager got involved and finally heard the issue. We then took out several other 2010 coupes and they all had the same issue. We even drove ones that hadn't been tinted yet, still the same problem.

Today we bought a powered external antenna to try, and they say it still has the same issue. I have been told that Honda has been notified and is "working on it." I'm suppose to go pick up my car yet again, and live with it until I hear from them about any fix that Honda might have issued.

So frustrated... I will be calling Honda tomorrow to discuss this. I see a lot of people are having the same issue. I am looking for any solutions and/or people who are having the same issue so we can get Honda to do something about it!
I just called the cops. There's a thread hijack in progress.

I doubt the issue with a 2000 EX is related to what's going on with your new accord. Post a seperate thread and people who might have looked over the issue with a 2000 model may be able to add some insight to your problem.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:39 PM

I just traded a 2012 Accord Sedan for a 2012 Accord Coupe and the radio reception in the coupe is very poor for FM and AM stations. The sedan picked up FM stations 60 plus miles away with no static and the coupe will not even come close to getting these same stations. Even the "in town" FM stations in the coupe have static or signal fade. The AM stations that I could get in the sedan do not come in at all in the coupe. The coupe only has static when in the AM mode. Very disappointing issue in a brand new vehicle that is a great driving car. My guess was poor antenna design in the coupe. I would really like a fix, or just a reasonable improvement. Will watch for suggestions. Thanks