Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Question: Installing front speakers on Accord 2005

  #1  
Old 12-12-2009, 03:08 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11
Default Question: Installing front speakers on Accord 2005

Hi,

I just started installing my system on my accord 2005 (my car version is the European one) and found out that the covers of the tweeters weren't grills but a simple plastic cover with a grille texture...
so i made a cup hole in the grille and installed my component tweeters.

Now i went on installing the speakers (Mid) to my surprise i wasn't able to pass my speakers cables to the amp located in the trunk.
so for now I used the OEM harness, until i find a better solution.

I am not satisfied with this solution because i am using premium cables for a high end component speaker set, and the OEM cables are (hmmm...) very small and simple with a lot of connections on the way

So my question is - how do i thread (pass) the speakers cables into the door without drilling the tin ?

Thanks .
 
  #2  
Old 12-12-2009, 10:19 AM
MacLeod's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ringgold, GA
Posts: 455
Default

You cant. You have to drill a hole. But its not that bad. You drill a small enough hole to fit the speaker wires with a grommet and it doesnt look bad at all. In fact you cant see it unless you purposely look down to find it.

I thought those tweeter covers were a grill too. What I did at first was cut a hole out of them and then wrap them in grill cloth. Later I got better results mounting the tweeter on top of that mounting plate. I just mounted in that hole I cut out months earlier. You will get better performance out of them with them mounted on top like that. With them mounted inside the dash, youre hearing what is bouncing off the windshield. With them mounted on top of the dash, youre getting to hear them.
 
  #3  
Old 12-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post

I thought those tweeter covers were a grill too. What I did at first was cut a hole out of them and then wrap them in grill cloth. Later I got better results mounting the tweeter on top of that mounting plate. I just mounted in that hole I cut out months earlier. You will get better performance out of them with them mounted on top like that. With them mounted inside the dash, youre hearing what is bouncing off the windshield. With them mounted on top of the dash, youre getting to hear them.
That's what i did the results are excellent but the tweeters touches the front window but the reflection of the sound is super, I like it.

Thanks about the drilling I am not sure i want to Drill a hole i want to keep the car OEM as possible
 
  #4  
Old 12-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: US
Posts: 101
Default

You can drill out some empty pin spaces in the molex plug. Kind of a pain. i did it in my car. Well worth it though. I only had to deal with the drivers door in mine. Passenger just has hollow boot. I was able to fit 16ga monster through and all the way to the back with no interuptions.
 
  #5  
Old 12-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by My03Accord View Post
You can drill out some empty pin spaces in the molex plug. Kind of a pain. i did it in my car. Well worth it though. I only had to deal with the drivers door in mine. Passenger just has hollow boot. I was able to fit 16ga monster through and all the way to the back with no interuptions.
is it hard to get to the molex plug from the inside of the car ? what exactly should i do ?
 
  #6  
Old 12-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: US
Posts: 101
Default

The boot clips on around it. Then there are 2 plugs that come out of there. Covered in grease. Pretty messy. Unplug and see what kind of free space.
 
  #7  
Old 08-04-2013, 12:07 AM
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1
Default

I am trying to replace my Honda accord DX 2005 front door OEM speakers.
I have opened the door part but then I have struggled a lot to take the speaker our from the door frame but could not take the speaker out.
Any help would be appreciated id you can suggest how to remove the speaker from the front door panel.
 
  #8  
Old 08-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: louisiana
Posts: 862
Default

should be a couple screws and it lifts out.
 
  #9  
Old 08-04-2013, 10:15 PM
redbull-1's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 6,626
Default

Originally Posted by arnabdutta View Post
I am trying to replace my Honda accord DX 2005 front door OEM speakers.
I have opened the door part but then I have struggled a lot to take the speaker our from the door frame but could not take the speaker out.
Any help would be appreciated id you can suggest how to remove the speaker from the front door panel.
They are held in only with clips. Pull the speaker straight out just enough to release the upper clips. Then lift the speaker straight up to release the lower clips.
 
  #10  
Old 08-05-2013, 12:36 PM
keep_hope_alive's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Quad Cities, IL
Posts: 3,212
Default

do you have mounting adapters for the new speakers? they will not connect to the existing holes without an adapter. you can buy them or make them out of waterproof materials.

be sure to use weatherstripping foam around the new speaker to seal against the door panel. that seal is required for bass response.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
anbu7elite
Audio/Visual Electronics
2
06-18-2013 12:39 AM
tarheelbf
Audio/Visual Electronics
4
12-21-2008 11:17 AM
cyberdork
Audio/Visual Electronics
1
09-25-2008 05:24 PM
19Accord97
Audio/Visual Electronics
8
01-06-2007 05:39 PM
parimento1
Audio/Visual Electronics
1
03-23-2005 03:55 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question: Installing front speakers on Accord 2005


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.