Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Upgrade stereo without changing the look of the dash..

Old 10-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Default Upgrade stereo without changing the look of the dash..

So I have recently purchased a 2010 Accord EX. I got a pretty good deal on the car so keep that in mind when reading my next statement. I am very disappointed with the lack of features inside the car. Primarily, the fact that there is no bluetooth and while there is an aux jack inside the console, I cannot control my iPod with the buttons on the dash, and when I am listening to music through the aux source my screen display simply says "aux". No song title, nothing. The screen doesn't even display the temperature outside or the date for crying out loud. These may seem like selfish crystal but for a 2010, I sort of expected these features. I know there are some bluetooth solutions such as things you plug into the aux. I am more interested in a new stereo that has bluetooth integrated into it such as the new kenwood or something. I understand you have to buy new bezel and I have found some that would work but I am wondering if anyone has a solution to adding these sorts of features without have to remove all the stock radio buttons. I like the look of the dash and I do not want to lose the compartments at the bottom of the dash. Can I integrate something into the current system or can I find a stereo from the same model car that already has these features and swap them out? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

The new noob

Old 10-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

You need the new bezel and wiring harness (metraonline.com) and it will change the look. Reusing the stock display is only possible if you are an electrical engineer and want to spend 80 hours disassembling and soldering the new and stock together. Has been done, but few could pull it off.

Look for a HU with the features you want and cosmetics that you can live with. Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer, JVC, and Clarion are fine choices. Maybe a double din touch screen would look better.

Old 10-05-2012, 12:10 AM
Administrator

Good info as always Rich..Thank You