Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Got the mod itch..

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Default Got the mod itch..

So I have a 2003 Accord EX-L. $ cylinders. Got it right after college and it has served me well through the gas hikes and all. Was thinking about getting fancy and buying a new car then thought I should put my money into a house and just fix up my honda and keep it rolling.

Exterior upgrades are a given. I'm thinking of doing a matte black and probably dropping it and putting some nice wheels and something extra with the lights and maybe a body kit if I can find one that isn't super cheesy.

My Big question is what I should do for the mechanics. A full engine tune up is clearly needed. I'm sure I have lost quite a few horses over time. Does anyone have any suggestions on performance upgrades?

I know it's a 4 cylinder. my expectations are realistic. will not be racing anyone lol. Going for a cool looking car with a smooth ride to it and nice sound.

All advice is welcome. Exterior mod suggestions are welcome too.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

A change of the exhaust or muffler will give it a different sound.

A general tune up - really just plugs on this, pretty sure you are COP- sorry too tired to look. Check all of the suspension stuff - ball joints, bushings, tie rods, ect - replace as needed.