Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

help plz need info

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 03:08 PM
mine0hmien
Unregistered
Default help plz need info

well i just started on my 96 accord f22b1 im going to do major mods.... but i cant seem to get some stuff straightend out........ ... [:@]first no hatters plz and yes i suck at spelling.

well i cant seem to find an intake manifold for this motor other than a euro type r and i dont like that one does not seem to much different then stock on specs or looks.

Also what about the f22 with h22 head how many changes take place to manifolds for turbo setups\ headers ect.... ive read alot on it but im getting mixed emotion \ information about it, i just want to know if its worth i dont want to do the h22 swap want to stay with the f22 its a very strong motor and not many build them want to be unique.(want to keep vetec)

some stuff that i would like to know about brands and such cuz i cant find alot.

pistons
cranks
ecu
vetec controllers
cams and sizes \ cam gears
turbo kits
head options
under drive pullyes and such
throttle bodies and sizes 68 \ 70mm

cost is really not the issue its lack of knowlage on the import side of things [&:], i have built many american cars. i have a shop that i can fabracate almost any thing i need obviously with in reason. (car has sentimental value so i dont want to do a different car).................... and and all feedback or chritizim is much appreciated just plz no hatters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-26-2008, 05:50 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: help plz need info

Welcome to the forum!
And just to let you know, there really arent any haters on here! If anything, we are jealous you are doing something most of us cant afford! So make sure to put up pics and all the other stuff to let us see how your progress is going.

I dont know much about the motor...I think they call it a Frankenstein, but not 100% on that.

There are a few guys on here who will tell you everything you need!
Good luck!

Old 02-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: help plz need info

Asyou're searching for information, look for "G22" engine. Honda never made a G-series engine, but that's what some people call it. F22 block with H22 head. I've heard it called a Frankenstein engine too.