General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help with my accord PLZ

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 06:24 AM
Default Need some help with my accord PLZ

Hey i got a problem and could use some help please, i have a 2000 honda accord 2dr v6 fully loaded and about a week ago when the weather started getting colder i noticed when i first start my car when cold something would shake just b4 the engine starts and after it shuts off. It only does it if the car is cold, once shes wormed up that shaking thing/sound is gone. So anyway i checked the engine mounts out because it feels like the engine was what was shaking so first thing i thought was engine mounts loose or broken or something. Turned out i was right the rubber in the passenger side engine mount was broken. i took the car to honda and had them replace that engine mount and tested it out for the first time this morning and i still heard it but a lot less and b4 i could keep turning the engine on and off and it would keep making that sounds untill the engine got wormed up but now after the car has been on for a couple min it stops. So changing the mount helped a lot but not fully it seems. Can anyone help me out here and tell me what's up with my accord? could it be that another mount is broke/going? or that i need to give the new one time to set in or something?

another questing i have is when its cold some part of plastic on the dash area on the passenger side makes sounds when going over bumps. once wormed up it goes away but its sooo enoying and driving me nutz! anyone know how to get rid of this sound?

Sry for being so long and thanks soooo much in advance.

Jason

Old 10-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Administrator
Lightbulb Answer For One ????

On that leather question, have leather dash and interior on my Lincoln, when it makes any noise, I get out my spray bottle of Lexol and clean it, the spray gets in the crevises and creases and shuts it up Give that a try..

Now I'll go read the rest of your post...