Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

HELPP idle + shifting messed up!!! please look and add any info you have

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 01:34 AM
Default HELPP idle + shifting messed up!!! please look and add any info you have

so i had my brother buy a "performance chip" (i didn't have the pay pal account) from ebay and..... this is what he got: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ksid=p3907.m29
and being my brother as soon as i got it he went and jammed it in the damn sensor MAP and tried running my car. by the time i got outside it was too late, the engine was running hot, the check engine light was on and it had trouble shifting out of gear not to mention when slowing down it would lurch into the lowest gear. SO PLEASEEEE PLEASE tell me what i can do i really don't want to buy a new MAP sensor, but for now I'm leaving the sensor plugged in overnight please let me know if there's an easy fix for this. i read online that if one of the sensors becomes disrupted then the car may go into a type of safety mode please tell me this is the case! javascript:void(opener.AddText('[sm\=bangbang.gif]')); self.focus(); javascript:void(opener.AddText('[sm\=smiley19.gif]')); self.focus(); javascript:void(opener.AddText('[sm\=smiley19.gif]')); self.focus();

Old 09-28-2007, 01:38 PM
Default RE: HELPP idle + shifting messed up!!! please look and add any info you have

imo, cheap ebay chips will only cause harm, poor fuel economy, and the possibility of gaining 1-2hp by tricking the sensors. If your gonna have your car chipped, go with a name brand like Apexi or maybe even jegs.
To fix your current problems, unplug the chip and set it to stock, disconnect the battery and drain the power. Wait a couple of minutes and plug it back up. This should reset the ecu and most cel's. My theory is you pay for what you get. Good parts arn't cheap. Anyway...good luck.