Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Loosing Oil

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Default RE: Loosing Oil

In refernce to your post. I took my car into the Honda dealer on Monday and had it looked at. They cleaned Intake and EGR ports, replaced valve cover gaskets, Distribution O'Ring, Vtech switch Gasket and oil pan gasket. After all this was done, my car still omits blue smoke when I start up in the morning and I did notcie a puff of smoke today when taking off from the red light. I'm not sure what else can be done to fix this. I don't have the time and energy to rebuild this car. I have 203,000 miles on it and never really had any problems out of the car. Most of the stuff on it are still factory from when I brought it(lol) but I had the transmission replaced twice under warranty at a Honda dealership.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:41 PM

YEah the dealer always tells us stuff like that. Hondas are not what they use to be. My car had been fairly decent but I've had two transmissions(under warranty)within 2 months time frame and it eats brakes and rotors like crazy. I guess I can't really complain that much. I have gotten 203,000 miles but I never expected for my car to be smoking this early.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:43 PM

ORIGINAL: norm1971

I have a 2007 Accord wich is loosing about 3/4 of a quart of oil every 3500miles. My concern is will this gets worse as the car gets older.
Plannig to call Honda a document this just incase I needa new engine at 100k.
Anyone else see this in their accords?
I have the same problem...not really sure what to do. I asked the dealer why the car is burning oil at such early mileage...they said I was getting the wrong oil filter This is a major problem, I'm not really happy with my Accord. I bought it so that I can have a reliable car that gets decent fuel mileage, is somewhat fun to drive and I can beat on everyday...I think I didn't buy the right car! If they don't fix my rattling problem I'm going to ask for a new car, this is stupid.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:21 AM

I'm very disappointed with my Accord as well. I know that's it's a 2001 with alot of miles but I rarely see an Accord that is smoking. I just spent $500 bucks in repairs and it's still smoking. Someone has to answer to me because my oil is going somewhere. I'm not sure what's the problem. I really don't think that I will buy another Honda. I had an after market catalytic converter installed on my car and now i'm getting an error code saying that it's not functioning properly.. They want me to spend $530 for a Honda catalytic converter versus the $187 that I spent on one at Advance Auto Parts...

Old 02-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by norm1971
I have a 2007 Accord wich is loosing about 3/4 of a quart of oil every 3500miles. My concern is will this gets worse as the car gets older.
Plannig to call Honda a document this just incase I needa new engine at 100k.
Anyone else see this in their accords?
Norm,

I also am having an oil dissappearing problem in my 99. I learned that VTEC burns oil a lot and since thee, I have been avoiding the upper RPM's if possible. Granted, I'm lucky to have 214,000 miles on original engine and transmission, but any engine of that age is going to have issues with oil. My compression is fine, and I regularly maintain it.

I think you should go to the dealer, and also go to a honda/toyota (japanese) privately owned garage and see what they say. If the stories match up, then you have a solid base to decide what to do.