Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Oil Change interval-am I wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 06:12 AM
Default RE: Oil Change interval-am I wrong?

Here we go again, If mobil 1 is the best why are they not sueing Amsoil? They've posted in many many sites and mags just how their oil surpasses name brand oils (including mobil 1) in tests and if they were wrong you can bet they would be in court. Why does it run cooler in my car as far as my engine oil temp gauge reads? Why is my engine smoother running series 2000 Amsoil in it? Why does this same topic keep comming up? Preferences and ego's? Has little to do with facts. Why doesn't Mobil 1 post their tests against other leading oils? Their cheaper but using less additives will make any oil cheaper. They let their name and visability sell it from there along with store contracts to sell their products, has nothing to do with quality. As far as ease of getting it I mail order it and 2-3 days later it's on my door step. If I do a simple plan ahead, order on monday and plan on changing the oil next weekend there is no trouble. In fact it's easier as I don't waste gas, stand in checkout lines and have to lug the oil in a shopping cart all over some walmart (which is pure hell as far as I'm concerned). To me it's easier to just log on and have it sent. When I have an expensive car I don't count how much I'll save on oil as it's really not that much considering how long you use it and the results of better overall life of the car and gas savings pretty much even it all out. It just comes down to show me valid reasons why one is better than the other. I've seen a web full of Amsoil being the best in synthetics for cars, motorcycles, weedwackers, chainsaws, you name it, they've tested it against name brand oils which NO One else has ever done without the worrry of getting sued so other players always say "better than other leading oils" and leave it at that. Marketing is a wonder. I prefer to dig a lot deaper and I gauge the results in my own cars as well.
The kicker is being more expesive and with less ads Amsoil rely's on quality to be passed along and they are making a lot of money so they are doing something better than the others, that is just plain logic. EOL>

Old 10-09-2006, 07:10 AM
Default RE: Oil Change interval-am I wrong?

Where did that come from???? No one here is discussing brands but you. No one claimed one oil is better than the rest but you. I could care less if you run pancake syrup in your engine, the topic was oil change intervals......not who is best. Which, by the way, will be debated until the sun burns out with no clear winner. Chill.