Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Strange engine or electrical problem? And an A/C question.

Old 05-05-2007, 05:11 AM
Default RE: Strange engine or electrical problem? And an A/C question.

When you described the engine problem I initially thought "fuel filter or pump" because I had a similar situation with my '95 V6. Problem turned out to be the fuel filter. Since a new filter was only about $20, I felt I got off pretty lucky. Wait a minute....I thought '95 was the first yearHonda offered theV6 in the Accord? Anyway...I am definitely not an expert, butI just wanted to let you know how I fixed mine.The only difference is:mine would sputter and try to fire (RMP wouldstart going up and I thought it was going to crank)but never would crank at all, even if I let it sit for a while. So I could be dead wrong.
As far as the A/C goes, I am not too experienced. Try doing a search for anything to do with A/C on the forum. You may find a few diagnosis procedures.
If you search around, you will quickly figure out who knows their stuff about these cars....cough...deserthonda...cough. Just make sure you add your year, model, and engine size to your "signature" in your profile. That way everyone knows what you have so they can help you better.

Old 05-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: ouchevelles

Newbie here looking for advice

I'm having a strange problem with my '94 Accord EX. Sometimes when I start my car, it will either crank and crank but not fire, or sputter to about 2-300 RPM for a second, then die. To fix this, all I need to do is let it sit for a while (5-10 minutes).
Have you checked the main relay for cracked solder joints?

ORIGINAL: ouchevelles

there is a little plug coming off of my compressor that is connected to nothing.
So you found the problem?

Old 05-16-2007, 01:05 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

go to honda automotive parts online and look up your car's A/C diagram