Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

stupid question

Old 11-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Default RE: stupid question

I wouldn't really call this a stupid question. However, add your car information to your signature. Is it a manual or Automatic. Also, from what I've heard the f22 lends really well to turbo applications since it's a SOHC V-Tec but I don't know if it would match your tranny.

As for which engine is the best for these accords it really depends on what you want to do. Do you want a turbo or a N/A build? What's your end goal, Daily Driver or Track racing?

Old 11-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Your 2.3 L engine will get better low-end torque. The best bet for a turbo build is to have a block guard tack welded in, swap to a H22A head and turbo your frankenstein G23. A Toda camshaft would help get high rpm power also. Don't forget to budget for flywheel/clutch upgrades, an engine damper and suspension work.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:33 AM

Save some money and turbo the f23

Old 11-26-2007, 01:25 PM

Oh geez...where to start...

The F20B motor is good for N/A and N/A only. The H22 and H23 came in preludes.

Swapping the H22 head on the F23 is called the G23Vtec - Search Honda-Tech
You can also swap on the H23 head which is called the G23non-vtec - Search Honda-Tech

You can turbo your stock F23, just build it up. It's actually the cheaper option.

And Falkore...Toda camshafts are for N/A purposes only and last time I checked were only available for B series.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:29 PM

I didn't know that they only do NA ..... I thought that they made turbo camshafts also. They do B, C, K and F series motors.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:50 PM

ORIGINAL: BlkCurrantKord

Oh geez...where to start...

The F20B motor is good for N/A and N/A only. The H22 and H23 came in preludes.

Swapping the H22 head on the F23 is called the G23Vtec - Search Honda-Tech
You can also swap on the H23 head which is called the G23non-vtec - Search Honda-Tech

You can turbo your stock F23, just build it up. It's actually the cheaper option.

And Falkore...Toda camshafts are for N/A purposes only and last time I checked were only available for B series.
Dang Blk, you must be in a good mood today! Normally you always say "Search! "
That was a good short and sweet explanation too.
Hence why I said to boost the F23 to save money.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: stupid question

Advertising

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.