Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Tranny Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 12:24 AM
BlueKryptonite
Unregistered
Default Tranny Problems

I have a 95' accord ex 4cyl 2.2l and i just had the tranny replaced ove a month and a half ago. I drove it fa about a month with no kick down cable because i was told by the guy who put the tranny in that it would be fine.( he works for Silko Honda so he knew what he was doing) anyway the other day i was driving on the highway and i felt a pop and when i went to go hit the gas agian it just reved and then it poped back into grear. I got a little farther and slowed down and when to go speed up and it just reved and when no where, it was dead in the water. so i pulled over and tryed 1, 2, D3, D4, and R nothing it was as if it were in neutral.so i shut the car off and waited about 5 mins and tryed it again. It went into gear and i drove it about 3 miles and once it down shifted like at the light it would go back to being in the "neutral State". I turned it off and waited. Started it up and it went into gear. and again got down the road a few miles and it when into that neutral state agian. I got it home and had my mechanice install the kickdown cable. He installed it and took it for a test run and the tranny shifted like it should automaticly and manualy. I went to go pick it up and it had been running for a bit. as i was leaveing it went back into that neutral state. So basiically my tranny runns fine when its cold but when it warms up thats when its dead in the water. WOULD THIS BE A SOLENOID PROBLEM????

Old 12-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Default RE: Tranny Problems

It sounds like it could be a shift selenoid issue but I can't say for sure....Is the mechanic going to repair it under warranty? Was it a new tranny?

Old 12-11-2007, 01:14 PM

lol, sir nasty why you so happy about driving the LEX, LOL?? oh and blue, just get a new accord

Old 12-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

first off have the trans installed properly and second, if it was a used unit, change out the fluid. from what you describe though it appears that the internal pump has failed and the trans will need a rebuild.