Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Tranny Stuck!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Default Tranny Stuck!

So i went to the store to get a pack of smokes, and when i got back i parked it in the driveway. i sat down and typed around on this website like i always do, and my dad came home early. so i decided to move my car since i parked in his spot. wierd thing is, now i cant get it out of park... WTF! ive read around and saw some stuff bout shifter solenoids and trannys that were no good any more. does any one have any ideas as to what might be wrong? and how do i check the solenoid to see if infact it is the problem? any advice is better than no advice. thanks..

Old 11-21-2007, 04:24 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Tranny Stuck!

hit the horn. post if it works. if not, find the bad fuse.

Old 11-21-2007, 04:29 PM

horn works but more bad news...
i decided to stick the key in the shift lock release and put it in neutral to start it. reverse works fine. no problems rolling out out the drive way...
but when i shifted into d4 it took off in third gear. i parked it and shifted into "P" and it made a wierd sound. almost sounded like something under the hood dropped...

Old 11-22-2007, 03:03 AM

have you check your tranny fluid??

no fluid = seized tranny

Old 11-22-2007, 03:16 PM

i know i need to change it. but i gotta wait for my dad to take his truck out of the garage. where is the drain plug on a 92 accord EX?

Old 11-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

as far as not being able to shift out of park, it is most likely your brake switch. go under the steering column and look at the cylender by the brake. turn the car to "ON" and jump the connecters on the cylinder. if you hear a clicking by the shifter you need a new brake switch. Also go to the DIY section under "cannot get out of park.. diagnose". Why do you need the drain plug? doesnt it have a dipstick? look past the upper radiator hose for a yellow dipstick. (really short). and check the level.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:44 PM

have someone stand behind the car, turn the key to the on position, press the brake pedal, if your brake lights come on the switch should be fine, if the brake lights don't come on then most likely you have a bad brake switch.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:05 AM

ORIGINAL: nafango2

as far as not being able to shift out of park, it is most likely your brake switch. go under the steering column and look at the cylender by the brake. turn the car to "ON" and jump the connecters on the cylinder. if you hear a clicking by the shifter you need a new brake switch. Also go to the DIY section under "cannot get out of park.. diagnose". Why do you need the drain plug? doesnt it have a dipstick? look past the upper radiator hose for a yellow dipstick. (really short). and check the level.
im gonna have to change the fluid. i need to drain it