General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Accord Stalls

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 12:19 AM
Default 07 Accord Stalls

Hello everyone. My name’s Nolan and I just got an 07 Accord Coupe EX V6. It’s my first car so I’m new to all the kinks that come along with it. Unfortunately it is giving me some problems. While I’m driving, the car stalls. I’m not sure exact what stalls means, but it cuts off. I can wait a few seconds, put it in park, turn the key off, and start it again. This so far has happened at full stops, or decelerating/accelerating to and from a stop. I’m trying to self diagnose the problem, so I took it out for a drive yesterday just to see if it would happen to me again, but when I parked it in my driveway it totally died. Now it’s still dead in my driveway. I’m supposed to be leaving for college in a couple of weeks and I need this vehicle to get me across a 6 hour dive, PLEASE HELP!!!

Old 08-04-2020, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Try to get the car scanned for trouble codes, then post the actual codes.

Old 08-04-2020, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator

I agree with rebull that you should scan and post any codes on here. Basic code readers are fairly inexpensive and can help direct your diagnosis.

Have you done any work on your vehicle?

Tell us more about what happens when it was stalling while driving? Did the engine just shut off out of nowhere, or did you have other items like lights dimming gauges not working, check engine light turning on, etc.

What happens now that your car is dead when you try to start it? Does the starter crank the engine when try to start? Our will the engine not run on its own, like when you normally would release the key?

Old 08-07-2020, 02:03 PM

Well, after charging the battery, the car started. I've been driving it for three days off of that charge and it gave me one oof those situations. I took the car to autozone and pulled codes, but there weren't any coming up.
Since I bought the car in January, it's sat in my driveway till June when I could get plates for it. I changed brakes by myself, oil change, new battery. While on my way home from auto zone, the car turned on, but wouldn't start. So I called my dad and he said to put it in neutral, then start, and it worked. So now I know that when the car cuts off, to start it in neutral, but I still would like to find the problem.

Old 08-07-2020, 04:32 PM

I would test the neutral safety switch,, Also have a shop chk the complete charging system,, reason is cause i have seen cars stall while driving because of bad alternators ,have them chk it for possible electrical draws as well

Last edited by nomad2020; 08-07-2020 at 08:07 PM.