General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

199 Honda accord LX MT5 speed- hydralic clutch line issue

Old 06-22-2016, 01:33 PM
Default 199 Honda accord LX MT5 speed- hydralic clutch line issue

hello everyone

Car: 1999 Accord LX 5 speed manual transmission 4 cylinder

Problem: need to replace the master clutch cylinder and as Ive been told the main hydraulic line at same time.

I purchased a aftermarket clutch cylinder, installed it but CANT get the freaking hydraulic line to seat perfectly so I can get the stupid PIn in and lock it in place. Ive been told that the cylinder and the line has to be changed at same time apparently for this reason.

I'm thinking I can get a aftermarket steel braided hose that will allow me more flexibility in the tight space as well as attaching the line AND pin then swiveling/ flexing it back into the tight space ( is there a trick to inserting the pin back in?)

Ive looked online but cant find anything for a 1999 Honda accord

can someone help.. please!!!!!

Old 06-23-2016, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

I've never heard of changing the metal line when replacing the master cylinder. Did you have a problem installing the hydraulic line?

I usually install the metal line hand tight first, then finger tighten the master cylinder to the firewall.

How is the push-rod misaligned, so you can install the pin?

Old 09-18-2017, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Westcoastaccord
hello everyone

Car: 1999 Accord LX 5 speed manual transmission 4 cylinder

Problem: need to replace the master clutch cylinder and as Ive been told the main hydraulic line at same time.

I purchased a aftermarket clutch cylinder, installed it but CANT get the freaking hydraulic line to seat perfectly so I can get the stupid PIn in and lock it in place. Ive been told that the cylinder and the line has to be changed at same time apparently for this reason.

I'm thinking I can get a aftermarket steel braided hose that will allow me more flexibility in the tight space as well as attaching the line AND pin then swiveling/ flexing it back into the tight space ( is there a trick to inserting the pin back in?)

Ive looked online but cant find anything for a 1999 Honda accord

can someone help.. please!!!!!
For people in the future, yes, you have to replace the master clutch cylinder, the hose assembly (which is the hydraulic line) AND the slave cylinder. Factory parts no longer available they do NOT match the replacement parts. I found the parts via partsgeek.com.