General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1994 Honda Accord EX

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2024, 02:43 PM
Default 1994 Honda Accord EX

So I did a head gasket and valve cover gasket and after i put everything back together My Distributor is getting power but not sending it to the spark plugs. i swapped the distributor out with a brand new one and still the same issue shows up. No spark. Im racking my head around it trying to get the car to run again. Any ideas tow hat the problem could be? I'm not sure what fuse (if it is a fuse) to even look at. I've seen PGM-FI fuse which each time I look that up I find the fuel relay, which i replaced with a new one. I'm out of ideas of what the problem could be and need some help.

Old 04-04-2024, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Hopefully you kept the old distributor as I've seen a lot of new aftermarket parts fail. Google CD7_CD9.pdf and you'll find sites to download a 94 shop manual. A shop manual helps immensly with DIY work.

A few things to check. G101 is an important ground for the ECU and ignition system. That ground bolts to the upper intake manifold on the driver's side and is easy to miss when reinstalling everything. That shop manual will show a picture of the G101 location.

It is easy to switch the MAP sensor connector with the throttle position sensor as they are identical connectors. The map sensor wire colors should be yel/wht, grn/wht, and wht/yel. The TPS wire colors should be grn/blu, red/blk, and yel/blu.

There are another set of identical connectors on the drivers side of the car near the windshield. One connector is for the injector resistors, where the connector for the injector resistors will have 4 identical wires (red or red/blk) and one wire that is the opposite (I think). I can't remember the other connector right now.

I also recall there were some identical connectors that were near the passenger shock mount that could be switched. The memory of the harness should prevent this, but it is another easy check, since you removed the top of the engine. Just check the wire colors on each side of the connector match.

Old 04-08-2024, 08:09 AM
Default 1993 honda accord

Ok so i got the car running but now it seems like theres a loss of power after 3500RPM could that be that the timing is off? I do have to read the codes on the vehicle.

Old 04-08-2024, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

I moved your post, because I think you might have wanted to reply to this therad.

What did you do to get the car running?

If the timing was off, I'm pretty sure the car would run poorly at all rpms. It wouldn't hurt to pull the valve cover and upper timng belt cover and check the timing belt marks.

Checking codes would be a good next step to give you some direction.

Old 04-08-2024, 01:36 PM
Default 1993 honda accord

So i repaired and connected the ground wire you said the G101 for the ECM and Distributer. Fixed the firing order I had it backwards. and the car fired up. Before doing the head gasket and valve cover gasket i was able to get to around 4k RPM, I'm currently getting a reader to make it easier to read the codes so thats in shipping.