General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1996 Accord LX: Only blows cold

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 10:10 AM
JohnDanese
Unregistered
Talking 1996 Accord LX: Only blows cold

How do I manually set to Hot? My Mechanic told me that my temp. switch/**** no longer operates (begining of Winter) but the core/thermostat are fine. He manually set the system to heat. The car was in an accident about a month ago and was fixed but I forgot to tell the body shop about the heat switch problem.

The system is now only blowing cold again and I think it must be reset back to heat.

This morning it was cold and the windshield was a little frosted and I couldn't get it to defrost for obvious reasons. I am by no means a mechanic but if it is simple to manually reset this could someone let me know how. I would hete to bring this back to the mechanic for a simple adjustment. I would love to be able to switch this back and forth myself.

I did a search on this found a few answers and diagrams were posted but there was no links to see the diagrams.

Anyway, an explaination on how to do this with some kind of diagram would be greatly appreciated!