General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1999 Honda Accord EX Alarm Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Exclamation 1999 Honda Accord EX Alarm Problem

I have recently purchased a used 1999 Honda Accord EX. I drove it for a day without any problems. Halfway through the day yesterday I went to unlock the door and when I turned the key to the unlock position the car alarm started to sound. I quickly inserted the key in the ignition and turned the car on. The alarm continued to sound for about 5 minutes and then turned off. It will sound again whenever the hood, trunk, or any of the doors are open. It will also sound if any of the doors are locked or unlocked, even if the car is turned on and running. The only thing that changed from every other time I unlocked the car is that I didn't try to unlock it with the key fob that time. Reason being the key fob sometimes would not push up the latch and other times it would. So I just decided to bypass that step and just put the key in the door and unlock it. Bad choice apparently. I have removed the battery out of the key fob just to make sure it wasn't a low battery or a faulty key fob. Still no luck. I am wondering if anyone could help with this problem? Is there a way to disable the car alarm completely? Any help is welcome.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:23 AM
Default My Daughters 1998 Honda Accord Coupe Alarm....HELP!!

My daughter is having the same problem with her alarm going off. It just started yesterday!! She has a 1998 Honda Accord Coupe. Last night her car was running doors were closed not locked and my son opened the passenger side door and the alarm went out but it has to go through its course before it will cut off. So we disconnected the noise but the lights still flash on and off. Its ridiculous. Someone, please give us some answers!!

T Martin